Senior Health Community
frequent bowel movements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

frequent bowel movements

I am not constipated but have frequent bowel movements, small moevements each time. The movements are formed round balls. I cannot expel myself, but need the peristalsis to have the movement. I recently had my hemrrhoids stapled for excessive rectal bleeding, but it is fine now (I had prolapsed hemorrhoids). What would you suggest?
i really think that you should consult you doctor and see if this is normal lots luck  jo
my father had colon cancer. the mass has been removed, he is now taking chemotherapy and radiation. the radiation has severly affected his bathroom habits. he can not sleep or go for long periods away from home because he is constantly in the bathroom having bowel movements. does any one have any suggestions on how to help. thanks
I have problem of small stools. I am not constipated but I have to go 3 to 4  times a day- to bathroom. Can this be because of gas?
Off and on I try bulk Laxatives, some abdominal exercises, abdominal massage, sone yogic  movement.Tecently some one suggested backward walking
In yoga, i have tried  Uddian Bandh, Agnisar Kriya,  Nauli etc
I am 78. For 0 years I have done Agnisar Kriya and I had no problem. However since last 3 years Agnisar Kriy is not helping me. I wonder what should be done by way medication or exercise.
Complete change in eating habits is the only way.Before that I would like to use other modalities. Any suggestions?
I may add that since last 3 months I am doing urine therapy. I take Morning urine only. I also massage urine before bath. I don use soap.
I did get good result in first few days. The problem is less severe now. but still it exists.
Urine therapy is recommended  for many disorders.Mzny websites are available.
In the last but one posting I have typed 0 years.Read it as 30 thirty years. Agnisar kriya": Exale fully and move your abdominal wall towards spine. In one breath one can do 25 movements. This can be repeated 3 or 4 times.I have practiced this for 30 years and I had no abdominal problems. You may find website if you search tjhe word AGMISAR KRIYA  OR ANY YOGA WEBSITE.
Again a mistake. In fact  I can read with a magnifying glass. hence lot of mistakes and repeats. word Is AGNISAR KRIYA  AND NOT AGMISAR KRIYA. SORRY FOR BORING YOU.
A forum friend suggested two cigarettes a day one in the morning and one in the evening or Nicotine patch. It is a correct diognosis as I started getting abdominal problem after I stopped smoking(smoked for 50 years).I also got sensation of tightness in my feet after i left smoking. I wonder these problems are related to smoking.Any smokers having such problem?  
Agnisar Kriya

This cleansing technique draws its name from the words 'Agni' (Fire), Sar (Essence) and Kriya (Action). Fire is the essential element of digestion and this cleansing action stimulates this fire for the digestive system to work at its optimum level.

How to do?

In this, while standing bend slightly forward from the waist while keeping the back straight. Take support by resting your hands on your knees or just above so that the back is not strained. Please make sure the arms are straight.

Now, breathe in deeply. After this, exhale fully contracting the abdomen and lugs so that all the air is expelled. While holding breath in this position, contract or 'flap' your abdominal muscles in and out. Note that this should be done rapidly while holding the exhaled position WITHOUT inhaling. Do this as many times possible and then take a slow, deep breath inside. This is one round of the practice.

Beginners may find that they lose control of the abdominal muscles and are unable to coordinate the flapping movement. These muscles must be slowly developed over time. Therefore, in the beginning three such rounds, each of 10 flapping cycles are more than enough. This should gradually be built up to 100 inward-outward flapping cycles in each round.

Time:This practice should ideally be done in the morning on an empty stomach but after evacuating the bowels.

Who should not do?

People with High BP, heart disease or internal ulcers of any kind should avoid this. Also, people with hyperthyroidism or chronic diarrhea should avoid this.

Benefits:

Excellent for the health of the abdominal organs and the digestive system. Works wonders on a sluggish liver and kidneys. Removes several gastro-intestinal complaints such as excessive gas, hyperacidity, indigestion etc. Massages the abdominal organs. This is an excellent practice to develop control over the sluggish abdominal muscles and diaphragm.

About | Contact | Disclaimer

I HAVE PASTED THE RELEVANT TEXT FROM A WEBSITE.
my 88 year old mother sometimes seems anxious and out of it after a long time in the bathroom having a bowel movement...what's causing this?
At an old age, digestive system becomes sluggish.Usually diet remains same throughout the life. If diet is changed, exercises are done and massage is added, problem can be reduced.