Senior Health Community
ginko biloba
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ginko biloba

i am 70yrsold and i had a stroke 18 mo. ago. i take aggrenox bid i was wondering if it was safe for me to take ginko biloba?
sincerely,
ruth
Tags: Aggrenox
Ginko is a blood thinner so taking it at your age should be done with caution.  I suggest you see your local pharmacist.  Take a list of all prescription meds, vitamins, herbs, over the counter meds, and home remedies that you are taking, or have taken recently, along with you.  The pharmacist will evaluate all the meds you take and tell you which ones should not be taken together.  They will not give you medical advice, but can recommend which ones are worth taking, which ones are a waste of time, and which ones can be safely taken. They will also evaluate the dosages you are taking to make sure they are in recommended or safe dosages.  If anything you are taking is unfamiliar to the pharmacist, be prepared to leave the list for the pharmacist to research for you and get back to you later.  This service is free of charge in most states.  Pharmacists are trained to know drugs and their interactions and can answer you question better than most doctors who work with a handful of meds and know little or nothing about herbs or alternative medicine supplements.  good luck

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...