Senior Health Community
knee replacement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

knee replacement

can one run after a knee replacement?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
Hello Paxpax,

Welcome to the Senior Health Forum.

You've asked a good question. I think the answer varies. Do you run now? It's like the woman that was about to have surgery on her wrist. She asked her doctor if she could play the piano after surgery, he replied, "Certainly." The patient said, "Wonderful. I've never been able to play in the past." :o)  (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

All kidding aside if you are active and running now you should be able to continue after surgery. Granted it will depend on the device inserted, how you respond to the surgery and the extent of rehab following it. Obviously it will take some time. It may also affect your speed and endurance but this is something that needs to be discussed with your surgeon.

I hope you will share with us the outcome of your TKR. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Best of Luck and Take Care,
~Tuck
Blank
thanks for your answer, not the terrible old joke.
I am not a great runner but do enjoy it and its one of the exercises that I enjoy,plus swimming,so just wondered if it is possible.

looks like I'll  have to wait to see the consultant when I see him about the other knee- happy days.

paxpax
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank