Senior Health Community
recovery time following gall bladder removal with sepsis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

recovery time following gall bladder removal with sepsis

how long before I will be feeling normal again. I spent ten days in the hospital and was treated for sepsis and pancreatitis before removing laparoscopically my gall bladder,then 8 stones in the common duct. before that I had no symptoms except extreme fatigue. I am staying with my daughter, mostly resting and seem to be without signs of further problems except for some sore cuts in my mouth from the tubes used for anesthesia for which I am using peroxide mouthwash. I am weak and feel guilty about not being home to care for six dogs, three cats and the mopping etc involved there all being done by family till I come home. when can I expect to be ready for that? I am 63 and also have chronic back pain for which I see a pain management doctor monthly. any advice or incite is appreciated.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Hopefully, your daughter and family are glad to try to give back to her mom/their loved family member some loving service as you gave of yourself as your family grew!  

Sepsis is very serious and to have had surgery on top of that- wow!  People can be different in recovery/healing time for surgery and if you look at a thread about sepsis on here, it looks like that can be very draining.  A key is to rest up a lot right now and not try to overdo.  Take care of yourself and don't feel guilty for doing that!  Your loved ones want you to get as well as you can and that takes time!  

You might want to eat a diet high in protein (with doctor's blessing that is) to try to help with healing as well as take some ester-C and get some vit. E in a Mature Multi-vitamin right now.  Also, you might consider trying to speed the sores your in mouth healing up with warm water swishes every hour while awake.  I had a dentist office recommend that to me (without salt) for a sore upper palate due to wearing a splint in my mouth.  

You must have your hands full normally with all those pets and a lot of love to spread around on them!  I hope you don't hurt your back more scooping litter, cleaning up after the animals, etc..!    
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Just noticed- pancreatitis too!  Wow, I have heard that is very painful in itself and to have had that and all those gallstones too!
Blank
3227046_tn?1381675501
Thank you so much. I really needed th
at reassurance .  I'm sorry it took so long to reply I just haven't had the energy to check. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me with your words of advice and comfort. Xox Marcia
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
You're welcome!  May God bless you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity