Senior Health Community
should i keep these 2 apart
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to assisted living, caregivers, clinical trials, exercise, financial issues, nutrition, nursing homes, rehabilitation, and sex.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

should i keep these 2 apart

help, i take care of my mother n law, 75, has had 7 strokes, totally in wheelchair,has high blood pressure, on potassium pills,meds for depression,taking muscle relaxers,plavix. i just took my daughter to doctorshe is coughing, chest congestion, runny nose,headache,sore throat but no fever. is my daughter contageious. one doctor says no and when my daughter went to a pediactric doctor, he told me that u had to have a fever to b contagious
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
The liklihood is she is contagious. The business about a "fever" being related to contagion is completely absurd. There are, however degrees of contagion. Certainly she should not be allowed to kiss anyone who is vulnerable. And should wash her hands thoroughly before touching them. Lack of a fever often suggests the illness has a viral etiology. And such a virus is readily transferred by aerosolization after coughing. Obtain a cough suppressant if she must be in the presence of someone who is vulnerable.
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Definitely would keep them apart or at least:

No physical contact with anything your mother-in-law handles (unless your daughter has thoroughly washed her hands first) as well as your daughter wearing a mask in your mom's presence in case of coughs or sneezes that can happen unwillingly and get away from a person.  

Your mother-in-law in her susceptible condition would be at high risk of possible complications from a virus such as your daughter's, being as sedentary as she is.

Also, them using separate hand towels, and if you use bar soap, separate bars as well as separate toothpaste would be wise steps to do if they use the same facilities for these things.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Senior Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...