Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) Community
Hello!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Sensory Integration Disorder (SID), also known as Sensory Processing Disorder

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

Hello!

Hello!  Welcome to the Sensory Integration Disorder community!  Well, anyone who's familiar with me can probably guess that I'm thrilled that Med help has started a special place for all things sensory.  It's been my privilege to raise a child with sensory integration disorder.  I say privilege because my son has taught me so much about how our nervous system works, overcoming challenges, and accentuating the positive.  It's been quite a journey starting when he was 3 until now when he is 8.  

I hope that we can share strategies related to sensory integration disorder but . . .  Guess what?!  So much of what we do with our sensory child benefits our nonsensory child.  From nervous system activities, behavioral techniques, to improvement in social skills/play skills, to setting good homework habits, to getting along with siblings, sitting in a classroom setting and the list goes on.  I hope that this community will benefit all kids and families dealing with sensory with some tips for all kids along the way.  

So, welcome!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
   Welcome to you.  So glad that you are involved!!!  Gonna make it a lot easier for all of us to get information.
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Others learning to handle this issue are so lucky to have you CL'ing this community. How wonderful!  I know how much I have learned from you in just general parenting tips.  Congrats my friend!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...