973741 tn?1342346373
Hello!
Hello!  Welcome to the Sensory Integration Disorder community!  Well, anyone who's familiar with me can probably guess that I'm thrilled that Med help has started a special place for all things sensory.  It's been my privilege to raise a child with sensory integration disorder.  I say privilege because my son has taught me so much about how our nervous system works, overcoming challenges, and accentuating the positive.  It's been quite a journey starting when he was 3 until now when he is 8.  

I hope that we can share strategies related to sensory integration disorder but . . .  Guess what?!  So much of what we do with our sensory child benefits our nonsensory child.  From nervous system activities, behavioral techniques, to improvement in social skills/play skills, to setting good homework habits, to getting along with siblings, sitting in a classroom setting and the list goes on.  I hope that this community will benefit all kids and families dealing with sensory with some tips for all kids along the way.  

So, welcome!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
189897 tn?1441130118
   Welcome to you.  So glad that you are involved!!!  Gonna make it a lot easier for all of us to get information.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
377493 tn?1356505749
Others learning to handle this issue are so lucky to have you CL'ing this community. How wonderful!  I know how much I have learned from you in just general parenting tips.  Congrats my friend!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) Community Resources