1185?1334344620
Service Dogs User Group
Buzz has arrived!
About This Group:

This group is to provide awareness and education about what service dogs can do for people through all sorts of walks in life. From seeing eye dogs to seizure dogs to autism assist dogs! A service dog can provide support in ways that no one else can; providing a good emotional basis for healthy living.

Founded by skepticalpeach on April 13, 2012
9 members

Buzz has arrived!

We woke up at 4:30am this morning to go meet Buzz at the airport. My DD had to go to the bathroom right when the plane landed so Buzz had already met my DH, sister, BIL. Buzz went right up to my DD and gave her a sniff. She allowed him to do it, but did not want to touch him right away. She just wanted to sit next to the director of the charity we chose and eat her snack. The whole way back to our place Buzz laid down in the seat next to Emma and rested. Emma sat there and smiled at him. She still seemed a bit confused about what this huge dog was doing with us. When we got home we let him out to use the bathroom, gave him some water, and a nap. Eventually we kept calling Buzz my parents' dog's name, Zeus. I think this was a good thing because Emma said, "I have a Zeus!" In some way she does understand that Buzz is her dog.

Buzz already loves Emma. He followed her from room to room and watched over her. One of the neighbors that we have problems with was walking around the hallway and he heard them. He immediately alerted me that this person was out there and he was worried about it. I'm really glad that he isn't living with us right now because I don't want him to feel on edge because our neighbors are disruptive. I think this is going to be a great fit and I'm excited to see what happens with him and Emma! Also, take a look at my profile and you can see some pictures of him.
You know when we don't like someone dogs can sense it.  I am thinking that he maybe could sense it.
hows it going with Buzz? he looks like such a big sweetie....hope he and Emma are making good friends -)
It's going well! Emma is still very cautious around him. She's not sure what she's supposed to do with him yet. She likes taking him for walks, but is still getting used to him. We brought him out to a restaurant for the first time and people were staring and making loud comments. It was like they had never seen a service dog before.
Oh, people are a bit silly sometimes.  Just ignore them.  

I can't wait to hear how things progress between Emma and Buzz.  I think this will  be SO great for her.  Keep us posted!
Piparskeggr and Anita are now the proud... Comment
Piparskeggr uploaded new photos
teddybears4ever2 I love to workout Comment