Service Dog Laws
Service dogs basically have the same rights that people do. They can go wherever a person can go and business owners cannot deny access. "Neither a deposit nor a surcharge may be imposed on an individual with a disability as a condition to allowing a service animal to accompany the individual with a disability, even if deposits are routinely required for pets." Also, service dogs are not required by law to wear a vest, but most handlers have them wear one anyway.

http://www.ada.gov/qasrvc.htm

I think that Buzz is going to make our lives so much better in so many ways, but I can also see some people getting pretty upset that we have a dog go with us everywhere. Has anyone on here had to deal with a situation like that? How did you handle it?
I do know that if you look around on the internet you can find lots of groups against service dogs.  People think that dogs should stay at home.  I always thought that was discrimination.
My only thought is in schools having it be difficult to have a dog there.  Our school doesn't allow it.  Too many allergies and it is of distraction toother kids.  This is in the younger grades that I'm speaking of.  I can see where it would be hard in a main stream classroom.

But otherwise, I've known a man to bring his dog to work that was blind.  Very helpful.  As an adult in a work place, you fight any temptation to see the dog as a dog and rather see the dog as your coworker's helper.  

Service dogs are doing a job and it isn't like bringing your pet someplace.  Sad there are groups against it.  
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Piparskeggr commented on Piparskeggr's status
Apr 20
Piparskeggr is now 10 months out, scan ... Comment
Apr 01
Piparskeggr uploaded new photos
Apr 01