Sexual Addiction User Group
Excessive Masturbation Advice? Help!
About This Group:

This is a group for the sexually addicted or loved ones of the sexually addicted. Like all other addictions, but socially unaccepted, shamed or even unacknowledged at times, it it is a very serious disease with incomprehensible consequences and the ability to destroy lives. Help is now available.

Founded by vanfr80 on March 16, 2010
65 members

Excessive Masturbation Advice? Help!

Hi. I am an 18 year old male and have been masturbating for a few years now. Lately, I feel that it has started to become a huge factor in my life. I always receive these sudden urges to masturbate and I do not know how to control myself. I do not feel that masturbating is an addiction in my life, but I feel that it really has the potential be! I feel that this also is stimulated through my need to look a porn. Can some, anyone who knows what I am going through help me get on the right track to not be so depressed and overtaken by this issue! I need helping stepping in a healthier direction.
Thanks :-)
everyone masterbates ok :)
From your post, It appears that Internet porn may be the problem.

Here's a video presentation on porn addiction, by a science teacher. It is non-religious and science-based.
http://yourbrainonporn.com/your-brain-on-porn-series

Porn can become an addiction. It does not matter if the addiction is to a substance or if it is a behavioral addiction, the same brain changes result. Todays internet porn is nothing at all like our ancestors ever encountered, with the constant novelty and genres of extreme porn. Unlike yesterdays Playboy, Internet porn overstimulates the brain regions responsible for addiction. Your primitive brain is now in charge.

If your addiction is porn, quitting can be tough, and you will have cravings, along with good days and bad days. You will need to replace porn with other activities, and with as much social interaction as possible. Find some forums where you can share your story and get advice.

Stopping completely, though hard, is the only way to allow your brain to return to normal. If you continue to masturbate, focus on feelings, - do not fantasize about porn.

Just go to http://quitporn.net You'll get great help there.
littel8008 joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 07
Shanta222 commented on Ripley’s Famous Ferti...
Apr 07
bkalyan joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 06