Sexual Addiction User Group
Repeatedly failing
About This Group:

This is a group for the sexually addicted or loved ones of the sexually addicted. Like all other addictions, but socially unaccepted, shamed or even unacknowledged at times, it it is a very serious disease with incomprehensible consequences and the ability to destroy lives. Help is now available.

Founded by vanfr80 on March 16, 2010
64 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Repeatedly failing

I have been trying to curb my masturbation problem for a few months now; and every time I get about 2 or 3 days in a row into it--I revert back and start going at it 2-3 times a day again. Any ideas on what to do about this? It's really messing with my life.
1 Comment
Blank
2217620_tn?1339539873
Sometimes, compulsive masturbation is a symptom of OCD or Anxiety Disorder.  I recommend a thorough assessment by a competent physician. Medication may help.

Also recommended is Dr. Jeffrey Swartz's book "BrainLock" which is a self-help program for people with OCD which I've found to work pretty well for people with sexual compulsion.

Psychologically, a number of things could be going on.  Undoubtedly, your childhood experience didn't include learning how to "self-sooth", so masturbation is simply what you're doing to make yourself find an emotional equilibrium.  Find other avenues to self-soothing.  I like to listen to hypnosis tapes, swim, meditate or do yoga.

You might consider talking to a psychotherapist about potential problems with intimacy.  Masturbation may be a sign that you feel no one can meet your needs; you must rely only on yourself.  This tendency can keep you very isolated...and very lonely.

Dorothy Hayden, LCSW
www.sextreatment.com
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
Shanta222 commented on Ripley’s Famous Ferti...
Apr 07
Blank
bkalyan joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 06
Blank
SafariDan joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 18
MedHelp Health Answers