Aa
A
A
Close
Repeatedly failing
I have been trying to curb my masturbation problem for a few months now; and every time I get about 2 or 3 days in a row into it--I revert back and start going at it 2-3 times a day again. Any ideas on what to do about this? It's really messing with my life.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
2217620 tn?1339539873
Sometimes, compulsive masturbation is a symptom of OCD or Anxiety Disorder.  I recommend a thorough assessment by a competent physician. Medication may help.

Also recommended is Dr. Jeffrey Swartz's book "BrainLock" which is a self-help program for people with OCD which I've found to work pretty well for people with sexual compulsion.

Psychologically, a number of things could be going on.  Undoubtedly, your childhood experience didn't include learning how to "self-sooth", so masturbation is simply what you're doing to make yourself find an emotional equilibrium.  Find other avenues to self-soothing.  I like to listen to hypnosis tapes, swim, meditate or do yoga.

You might consider talking to a psychotherapist about potential problems with intimacy.  Masturbation may be a sign that you feel no one can meet your needs; you must rely only on yourself.  This tendency can keep you very isolated...and very lonely.

Dorothy Hayden, LCSW
www.sextreatment.com
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
13747953 tn?1431334025
Blank
mike_cmfuem commented on photo
05/15
Blank
Gereclick joined this group
Welcome them!
03/15
12294707 tn?1425391221