20 y/o male w/possibly symptoms of HPV
About 2-3 weeks ago a small bump appeared near the base of my penis. I have no pain when urinating, and no discharge. Although today a small rash appeared on the base. I used Aveeno Hand Moisturizer the day before to take care of a dry patch of skin on my penis. What I would like to know is if both of this are either indicative of me having HPV or not?

Side Note: I am going in for the beginning of a Gardasil "treatment" next week. If these signs are indicative of having HPV, is it bad for me to get these shots?
Hi there!
This bump can be anything from a boil, folliculitis or any other cyst. Many people who have HPV do not even know that they have HPV infection since they do not have any symptoms and signs and may pass it to their partners. CDC recommends Gardasil vaccine for all boys aged 11 or 12 years, and for males aged 13 through 21 years, who did not get any or all of the three recommended doses. It should be known that HPV vaccines will not treat or get rid of existing HPV infections.HPV vaccines do not treat or cure health problems like cancer or warts caused by an HPV infection that occurred before vaccination. It is best to consult your local health care provider before taking this vaccine. I do hope it helps.
Take care and kind regards!