Sexual Health Community
Amitriptyline and Loss of Sexual desire and E.D ?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I'm male 21 and have been takeing Amitriptyline, 10 mg for the first week then increased to 20 mg for the second. I have been on it for nearly two weeks (11 days) for irritable bowl syndrome and Anxiety. They seem to be working very well... but since day 2 on this medication I have been experiencing loss of sex drive and my erections don't seem that hard and it feels numb and pleasure is very low.

I'm not sure what to do now as I don't want to loose my sex life and the medication is working very well apart from this side effect.

Will this pass with time and continued treatment ?

Is there another medication which won't cause this side effect ?

Will Nortriptyline have a less chance of causing these side effects ?

Sorry for the long question..... Thank you
  Hi sorry that i have to tell you , but all drugs have side affects and Amitripyline will give you a low libido , there is a chance it may settle down  Please take care .........Bob
Yeah i know they do. but I'm hoping there is some way to improve it or another medicine might help maybe ? Thanks anyway :)