Sexual Health Community
Bad Penis Smell - PLEASE HELP!!!

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Bad Penis Smell - PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm a 25 year old male, not sexually active, and I have this horrible smell coming from my penis that i want to get rid of. some background: It's not a UTI b/c I've recently tested for that, and not an STD.
I have very good hygeine and wash under the foreskin with soap every day, and make sure that i rinse thoroughly.

This is not my natural smell as I did not smell like this for my entire life before. But in the past few months, if I masturbate a few times in a week (2-3), than this horrible sexual smell comes out of my penis and remains for over  a week. Also, it seems like I'm operating on a hairtrigger when it comes to sexual thoughts. If I just begin thinking them my penis begins emitting a tiny bit of lubricant. However, the smell is still there even if dry.

I would greatly appreciate help on this.
You might want to see a urologist. I would guess it is some form of infection.
It's not an infection, I've had the urine tested. Thanks for the response.
Do you trim your pubic hair? The smell issue could be more from sweat and other fluids collecting in this area. Hair can really hold smells, especially in an area that doesn't get a lot of fresh air. Since you know you don't have an infection, try trimming and see if that helps.

The other thing to consider is your diet. If the smell is 100% related to your c*m, could a change in eating habits over the past two weeks be causing the odour?
I've had no change in eating habits, besides slightly more junk food than normal. And I don't think trimming will affect things as I've never had this issue before. I also wash with soap everyday. The smell seems less intense now. But it's still there at sufficient intensity that it negatively affects my social life.

It's possible that it's related to overmasturbation. I don't know, but it's the only thing that I can think of.

Any other suggestions to get rid of it would help. And thanks for your response.
I too have this problem Jimmy, it never used to be this bad but the smell is absolutely horrible when I ejaculate. I only do it once a week on the weekend and don't go out at all because of it. I would love to stop masturbation completely but it's very hard.

I really do think it's down to diet. I eat allot of junk food, I smoke, don't exercise and I don't drink any water really.

Changing these factors I think would have a huge impact on this problem. I don't really drink alcohol much because I hardly go out anymore and I don't drink at home.

Trying taking pro-biotics as well, like acidophilis and other things like pro biotic yogurts.

I'm seriously going to go n a detox for the next couple of weeks not because this is beyond a joke. I'm 24 as well by the may so know exactly how you're feeling.
Try NOT using soap in those private areas but rather a soap substitute. (Eve makes such a product, and you can find them in healthfood store but also regular drugstores; something very mild...ask)

So many of us become allergic to soaps. (It's OK to use regular soap on the rest of your body) It causes discharge, among other things.

You may also just be going through a 'hormonal phase' where your body chemistry is changing.

But, I also advise you to see a doctor if nothing else is helpful. There are lots of other illnesses besides STD and AIDS that can cause a change of smell like this. You need a complete check-up.
I have come to the conclusion this is some kind of pheramone that is reacting badly to something else in the body. It can't possibly be anything else. I have this problem also and it's driving me insane.

I have stopped smoking, changed my diet a bit, drinking more fluids, taking pro biotics and vitamins. I haven't been drinking enough water though.

Even after all them changes, I have just masturbated an hour ago and the smell is horrible. It smells like a methane type musky smell and it really is awful.

Even after I take about 10 more shower over the next 2 days it still won't completely be gone. It always lingures around like a constant smell.

I really am sick an tired of this, I never used to smell like this.
try checkin the next time you have bowls. my husband used to have terreble odor in there. he woul d wipe his back to his front. He would get faces smashed into his pubis hairs. He would say that he cleaned them good, but I could still taste them when we would have oral sex.  i think probably his hairs made it worse, his is very hairy almost like fir. I know scrub and shav him myself.  this seems to have made his oder less badly. one other thing is that if he masserbates at nite and doesnot clean him self until the morning time, it will also be very odorfel in that area. remember if someone is close to ther that heor she cares for you and will undarstending.
If you take supplements that can cause an oder
I think I may have found the problem as to why this happens. I have been suffering with this for about 5 years and now it's got to the point where there's always a bad smell emitting from my crotch area.

It's definitely related to candida living in the gut. After all, your semen smell is defined by what you eat / drink as are your stools. After months of research I have come across the fact that candida can be living inside your body and causing havoc down there. I'm on the candida diet at the moment (google it) which is basically starting the yeast inside my body. I have cut out all sugars completely and at present trying to do a colon cleanse to get rid of all that shite that I have been putting into my body over the years (junk food, drugs, high sugar).

I have had STD tests and all clear. I have been tested for AIDS and Syphilis and all clear. I have been tested for diabetes and had ultra sounds on my kidneys and bladder for stones and all clear. I even had a flexible cystoscopy to look inside my bladder and prostate and it was all clear.

Now considering I have this really bad smell every time I masterbate and it lingers for days and days, this is the only solution to the problem. It's down to malnutrition and bad lifestyle. I have got a load of anti fungals and pro biotics to tackle the problem. Althought candida is a yeast problem, it's not directly related to your genitals. Candida lives inside everyone but when it starts growing out of control this is where the problems arise.

I have bought acidophilus and multidophilus pro biotic supplements along with caprylic acid tablets for the anti fungal side of things. I'm currently staying away from all sugar, wheat and gluten / dairy products to kill the yeast off.

I know it wont be easy but I'm fed up of this problem and it's down to me being unhealthy in the first place.

I hope this helps!
Actually I`ve had this fishy smell problem, and its really hard to find anything useful about it!
Anyway, you should read about a solutions with silicone oil:
http://www.whydoesmypenissmell.com

It really helped me!!