Sexual Health Community
Birth Control

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Birth Control

My girlfriend recently started birth control.  We have done it unprotected but I've used the pull out method and never finished inside of her.  Does it matter if we did not wait a cycle before doing it unprotected?
yes. it takes time for b/c to be effective. if she's ovulating she can get pregnant.
It only takes a minute to falll in love....
I hope you are safe luckily, now a days you can find out quickly.
Where ever you got the birth control from, some professionals were suppose to let you know how long it will take before the birth control becomes effective. It's definitely 2 weeks or more from the day she start taking it.
If she started taking the pill on the very first day of her period then she would have been covered straight away... however, if she started taking the pill at any other time you should carry on to use condoms for the first 7 days of taking the pill.

If ever she misses a pill, again you should use condoms for the next 7 days after taking it again until it is back in her system.

Read the leaflet that came in the box with the pill so that you can fully understand how the birth control pill works... its isn't magic, it needs to be used correctly for it to be effective ;)

Your lady might be the one taking the pill, but it's important for you to know about it too.

Regards, Dee.