Aa
A
A
Close
Birth Control
My girlfriend recently started birth control.  We have done it unprotected but I've used the pull out method and never finished inside of her.  Does it matter if we did not wait a cycle before doing it unprotected?
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
yes. it takes time for b/c to be effective. if she's ovulating she can get pregnant.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It only takes a minute to falll in love....
I hope you are safe luckily, now a days you can find out quickly.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Where ever you got the birth control from, some professionals were suppose to let you know how long it will take before the birth control becomes effective. It's definitely 2 weeks or more from the day she start taking it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
933038 tn?1334442792
If she started taking the pill on the very first day of her period then she would have been covered straight away... however, if she started taking the pill at any other time you should carry on to use condoms for the first 7 days of taking the pill.

If ever she misses a pill, again you should use condoms for the next 7 days after taking it again until it is back in her system.

Read the leaflet that came in the box with the pill so that you can fully understand how the birth control pill works... its isn't magic, it needs to be used correctly for it to be effective ;)

Your lady might be the one taking the pill, but it's important for you to know about it too.

Regards, Dee.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sexual Health Community Resources
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1447663565
Blank