Bleeding for 10 days
I started my period on the 23rd of April and it hasn't stopped after 10 days. Now it's really light though. I am also on the pill. I've started my new pack as usual, 5 pills in and still bleeding. I've had recurrent bacterial vaginosis ...I don't know if this is a factor. Any ideas?
I think it may be a good idea to see your Dr to be tested for another bacterial infection.
Can you say how long you've been on the pill? Some of them can cause irregular bleeding. Another thing to talk to your Dr about.
I've been on the pill for a few years and I have never had this happen. I visited a doctor who didn't perform a pelvic exam and was convinced that it' would stop soon. Was given Sporasec for 3 days for the BV. I've done the first day already and still bleeding. I can't see my gyno till the next 3 weeks
I'm surprised to hear your Dr did'nt do a pelvic exam and a swab. How does he know for sure it was a bacterial infection without a swab? Does he have anyone else in his office that could see you sooner than 3 weeks?
I was surprised too. Anyway, she prescribed Sporasec based on my history of recurrent BV. After completing my dosage , the red bleeding has seemingly subsided and I now have dark, almost black discharge. This has been going on for 2 days. It's much lighter than the previously red , light flow. With regards to my doctor, absolutely cannot until after (now ) 2 weeks.
Sorry I called your Dr he. I do think she should have done a swab to check for a bacterial infection.
It's common to have brown discharge at the end of your period, it's old blood. Yours is almost black though? If this keeps up you really should go to another Dr or a med center to find out what's going on.