Brown colored vaginal discharge during sex
My girlfriend and I had sex a about a week ago and noticed she had a brown colored vaginal discharge during sex. She took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. She then had her period the next day, but it only last one day. A few days after her period started and ended, we had sex again and the brown discharge happened again. What is causing the brown colored discharge? and could she be pregnant?
The discharge could be related to your girlfriend's period.
Sometimes, when the bleeding has almost stopped, or is just beginning, it looks like that. I would not be concerned and I think it is because of that.

If it is a bacterial infection there would be a strong odor. She may also have a yeast infection, which is nothing gross, but whatever it is, I have had that and I know i was not sick or abnormal.

What I just said does not rule out that this may be other stuff, it's just what I think.
Thank you for your help. There is no odor at all, so i dont think it is a yeast infection. I'm just hoping there isnt something seriously wrong...
I don't think so. Although a yeast infection also has no offensive odor, I think it's spotting from her period. don't worry. kat.
It is her period.  I do that sometimes with my boyfriend too.  It is perfectly normal.  A womans vaginal lining is weaker right before, during and after her period.  Sex can cause period bleeding.  In fact, I got my period a few days earlier this month due to having sex with my boyfriend a few days ago.  About two hours after we made love I got my period.  When we have sex a few days after my period I can still have a brown discharge.  No worries.
It could be an std. If you start getting sick (flu like symptoms) you might want to go see a doctor and get tested for STDs