Sexual Health Community
Can Hernias Cause Erectile Dysfunction?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Can Hernias Cause Erectile Dysfunction?

About nine months ago I suddenly started having trouble getting and maintaining an erection.  I'm 57 and my wife is 50.  We have always had sex on a very regular basis unless one of us was sick or something.  Shortly after the problem presented itself I noticed a buldge in my groin area and, after a little research, realized it is a hernia.  I think I may also have a hernia on the other side two but it is not as defined.  So, can a hernia cause ED?  I noticed that when it starts to become erect it now points way to the left and before it was always straight and it also seems to be much less rigid and somewhat shorter.  I also experience discomfort after ejactualion around my right testicle.  Now I always feel like I just had sex recently and need to wait a while to recover before I can do it again.  But I don't ever seem to recover.  When we first met I was able to do it several times a day and now I can barely do it after a few days.  I seem to have none of the lustful feelilng that I used to always get although I still have a strong desire.  My wife is extremely attractive for her age (or any age) and the sexiest women I have ever met.  I would go so far as to call her a nymphomaniac.  Which is now a big problem because she left me.  I'm pretty sure it's because she wants to be lusted after and I just don't seem to feel any lust any more.  What could cause a loss of lust?  I've tried Cialis and it helped a lot at first but now doesn't seem to work all that well.  I tried Levitra and it didn't seem to do anything at all.  Please help.  I want my wife back.