Sexual Health Community
Can accidentally exposing yourself to cat hair during sex cause irritat...

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Can accidentally exposing yourself to cat hair during sex cause irritation to your vagina?

A couple of months ago I had a swollen gland in my inner thigh. Not having medical insurance, I passed it off as stress with the hope that nothing was seriously wrong. It finally went away after 3 weeks.

Since then every time my boyfriend and I make love my labia minor swells up for at least half the day. The swelling size or duration of the swelling isn't consistant but the swelling is. (We do not use condoms the possibility of an allergic reaction to that is out.)

I then developed a yeast infection that curiously went away after a couple of days (I figured my body was clearing out what ever was bothering it.)

I cleared away from sex for at least a week to make sure what ever it was had completely cleared itself out. Tried sex again... sure enough the swelling reoccured. I've taken a weeks worth of AZO yeast infection tablets and again attempted sex... minor swelling this time.

I'm trying to self diagnose but am not sure if this is just a yeast infection or something more serious. I have no drastic changes in lifestyle that can point to food, cleanliness or living habits. He has always owned cats and their fur is eeeeeverywhere. Including the sheets >.< I am not allergic to cats... so I am thinking is this excess cat hair causing an irritation or am I looking to face something a little more serious on my hands?
I don't think it's cat hair that you are reacting to, if you have never been allergic to cats.  You would be sneezing and all, if so.  Sorry, but it sounds like time to see a doc and get tested for various things that can cause the problem.