Sexual Health Community
Chronic porn addiction is cheating?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Chronic porn addiction is cheating?

Im 21, i have lived a lifestyle that has allowed me to have alot of oppurtunities to have alot of different girls, but I have only been with one in my whole life, we been together for just over 4 and a half years. We are very active sexually, and she doesnt mind at all, actually she kind of likes it when i watch porn sometimes. I love it alot though, i crave variety i guess, i get stuck on a certain fetish or something for awhile then move to a new one. i watch porn everyday really...if i can. But why do i feel like i shouldnt be doing that to her? also i feel like im missing out because like i said....i want new and different uhhh yeah. But i could never cheat for real, i have to much pride and respect for our relationship, since we our eachothers first and only.  but it really weights on my mind alot...should i feel bad for feeling this way?
It's ok to be curious, though you don't want to act on it and physically cheat. Some people might call it emotional cheating, though it depends on the person. If your girlfriend is ok with it, then there is no problem. Talk to her about mixing things up if you want new things. Good luck.
You should get her to watch it with you, and enjoy it together, if she doesn't want to, then it will eventually affect your relationship with her.  I was in the same situation a long long time ago with my first partner - we thought we were forever, we were both our first partners, and it was bliss!  - I didn't learn what young women wanted, I didn't know- I was too shy to even ask.  Too bad she went to that party and I didn't. - Too many horny guys who are are maybee 10 years older than you (and that much more emotionally experienced) are looking at her now and are thinking "Ahh - that'll be nice"

My advise, try to keep it bliss - read this to her, learn what you both want and need, I mean emotionally and physically, it's very important - there will be temptations you'll both have to deal with, her as much as you.  Be true to yourselves - both of you,  'cause if you don't act now, 30 years down the road, you'll both be saying to yourself exactly what I have said here!
She watches it with me, i just feel like it still could be considered cheating i guess, i dont know...i guess its all good. I overthink things alot. Thanks for the info
Good Luck!
John