Sexual Health Community
Colon Peforation from anal?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Colon Peforation from anal?

The other night I was fooling around, and I had used a toothbrush up the anus,(not my 1st time) the next 2 days I been feeling pain,and constipation..Yesterday I was in shock something could of terribly went wrong I felt naustious but didnt throw up,,Next morning I woke up tried to use the bathroom but barely anything came out..Is this a sign of something serious or is this common and temporary? Also what are the signs and symptoms of colon perforation so I can have a piece of mind. Thanks.
AHHHHH!
I always tell people not to stick things up their butts! GEEZE!
What end did you stick up your butt? Bristles or handle?
The symptoms of colon perforation are generalized abdominal discomfort. Nausea and vomiting occurs. There is progression of fever and chills. Usually, the symptoms progressively worsen over a number of hours.
If you feel any of these, go to the hospital NOW!
You could get an infection and other things.
wait a minute dont just tell me that and run off, are you sure? how do you know..its been 2 days,its been more than a number of hours are you sure this could be me?and it was the handle part of the brush. If I did go to the hospital how the hl do I tell them I want to get checked without telling them what happened???
There was a condom on the brush...brand new brush at that...if it makes a difference to infection and what not
I'm not running off, I'm right here.
It can subside and come back. If you were feeling nausea and abdominal pain, it is most likely perforated colon, especially if you haven't had a bowel movement since you inserted the brush...scar tissue can block the colon.
It's embarassing, I know...but say you think you might have a perforated colon and they can check for you. They might need to do a colonoscopy, but it's for the best.
An infection is still possible because of feces getting into the area that's perforated, preventing it from healing.
I havent had abdominal pain, maybe a little bloated,and nausea...anyway how long is it safe to stay away for the doctors, is it ok to stay away for a day or two to see if things go back to normal? Whats the worse and and best case scenario? And if I do need a doctor, how long will the whole procedure be?
and if not a perforated colon then what does it sound like? What else should I ask the doctor to check for?
I would stay away for as short as time as possible. If you go without a bowel movement for 3-4 days, it can cause a lot of intestinal problems. You can wait if you want to, but if you don't have a bowel movement, you need to see a doctor.
Best case: It's all in your head, and you're freaking yourself out.
Worst Case: Perforated colon that has caused some sort of infection to grow.
The procedure can last anywhere from a half an hour to 5 hours. It depends on the amount of damage. You're under anthesia and wont feel or remember anything.
Other than a perforated colon, I think it might be mental. You're freaking yourself out worrying about what could go wrong, and you're under stress. A lot of stress can cause the bowels to slow down, and an anxiety attack can cause nausea. I would say to stop worrying about it and see what happens. Try to relax a bit.
You could also do some research about perforated colon yourself on the internet, like right here on medscape.
Ok this is day 3 since that night... Yesterday I had  a slight bowel movement real thin like my inside must of been squeezed tight or sumthing but then again I havent ate much neither...I still havent took a regular dump.. Is that enough or do you think I should take a trip to the ER?  If I had a preforation wouldnt I be screaming in agony by now anyway? Im definitly not...I have been  a little shook..but im not screaming lol
colon perforation is a serious condition that requiers hospitalization and surgery to repair the hole in the colon. if you have any doubt that you may have had something like this I would advise you to go to the hospital ASAP.
I would say go to the hospital. It's been 3 days and you haven't had a normal bowel movement...
GO NOW!
ok guys...you really need to stop with the GO NOW!! stuff cuz you can give sum1 a heartattack like that.. I went to the hopsital just came back.. They did an exray of my stomach and said there was no perforation,and the doc looked at my anus and said everything looks ok, they gave me a laxative...I still wana know why im constipated...Oh and curleygirl surprisingly they said there was not alot of bowels in my stomach to be considered constipated... do you think i should see a second opinion since they did not find anything????
No. They did everything they were supposted to do.
Be thankful you're fine!