Could my tonsillitis be due to a STI?
Hi.
I had unprotected oral sex with a man i don't know very well nearly 2 weeks ago. I do know he is quite promiscuous and didn't seem to cautious about safe sex. I did ask him if he was 'clean' and he said yes but was quite dismissive so i don't know weather i trust him. I am now suffering from a bad case of what appears to be tonsillitis i have pus spots on both sides of the back of my throat, one tonsil is inflamed and spotty and my lymph gland on the right side of my neck is extremely swollen and painful. i have also been suffering from night sweats, fever, very mild headaches.After google-ing i have become very worried about it being STI related especially as some experienced the same sort of thing when suffering actute retroviral syndrome. I know sore throats are also related with other STI's. Could my tonsillitis actually be an STI or due to contracting one? any help appreciated. thanks :)
Hi Jmj, ever thought of going to a doctor or a clinic, Try an STD/GUM Clinic they should be able to tell you straight away what it is, incase its a STI, either way go get help.
Good Luck

Just had a quick read up for you and to keep it short the answer is.....Yes.

What are the symptoms of an oral STI?
If you have an oral STI infection, you might experience a sore throat, tonsillitis, oral lesions, or cold sores. However, many oral STI cases are asymptomatic. If your partner(s) is diagnosed with an STI, you should see a medical provider to be tested and possibly treated.