Sexual Health Community
Depression and Masturbation

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Depression and Masturbation

Lately (for the past year) I have been experiencing intense feelings of sadness after I masturbate. I'm 23 and a virgin and I get so upset because I feel lonely and like nobody will ever actually want me. I am going through a lot right now like recovery from an eating disorder and every time that I get sad after masturbating I feel like I wish I could go back to my bad eating behaviors (purging, restricting, etc) so that I could be thin (I currently weigh a little over 300 pounds) and someone would maybe want to love me in an intimate way (both physically and emotionally). Someone please help me. These feelings I have after masturbation have made it so that I actually have less sexual desire because I don't want to be sad. It's not until my sex drive finally picks back up that I masturbate and then feel horribly depressed. This has nothing to do with guilt or anything because I was raised in a very open household and no that there is no shame in masturbation, but I don't know what to do. Please help me.
H i Lola, look life is hard and at times like yours even harder, so what you are looking for is a good way to recover yourself out of the dumps, but please keep this in mind that there is somebody somewhere who would just love to have you as there g/f, so put that at the top of your list.
So the masturbating, look if this is getting you down then just give it a break, the hard bit yes, so next time you fill you need to masturbate find something to do that is a place you cant masturbate in, if its daytime go for a walk, and if its night time just get out of the bedroom and be somewhere in the house that you know that you cant do it, its things like this that will help your mind, and as you say there is no shame in masturbating, only for you and that you are feeling guilty about doing it.
So if your weight is getting you down how are you treating it, You need a good diet, you need to get out and exercise, I walk every day and at the moment I swim every day and at most 3 times a day, but I still have what I would call a weight problem.
So please come back and we can see just how I can help you anymore, you can do it as an email if you want, through med help.
Good Luck