Erection issues
ok as a little background, im 29 (about to hit 30), im 6'2" and 514 pounds,    I know thats very large and morbidly obese and all of that, im having major issues in that area and cant seem to get weight down, but anyway thats another question for another post in another section,, I also have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, I am on Metformin, Glyburide, and Lysonopril

I am having a problem with maintaining an erection, I do get hard multiple times a day, have no problem masturbating, have a 2 yr old daughter so things have always worked well for me, but as of the last couple years I have been having the issue of,, I can get hard via foreplay no problem, but I cannot seem to maintain it for very long before I start getting soft, even with vigirous play, or even in the middle of intercourse it sill start to go flaccid and I will start slipping out, my wife dont want to say anything out of respect of hurting my feelings, but i know it does bother her and it's really starting to bother me, I can still ejaculate ok about 90% of the time if we can keep it going but sometimes I go so soft I have to play it off like I finished when I really didn't... any suggestions?
Hello brandon,
I'm not a doctor, but I think it's the type 2 diabetes!! speak to your Dr.
I understand the Atkins diet is good.
if it is the diabetes what are my options for a solution, should I look into something like viagra? or pumps? or what from a medical standpoint would help me to stay erect for intercourse with my wife
We are not doctors here but I would say that it could be a combination of a few things, your medications, your diabetes and the increased stress you're putting on yourself to perform. I would suggest that you do not go with the pump as it really doesn't work all that well. You could try the viagra but you want to consult all of your prescribing doctors to make sure that it doesn't cause any additional medical problems.

Of course losing weight does help a lot too, it should help your increased stress over performance.

Best of Luck!!!
~S.A.