Erection points down
hi

when i get an erection it always point down and curved, similar to the one in this wiki photo. i just want to know if this is healthy and does it cause any problems sexually, because i know the typical erection is straight and not curved, and doesn't point down. i need to know so that i don't worry unnecessarily, so i'll be grateful for any views

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Downward_erection.JPG
That can happen.  Some guys have erections that point down instead of up, and some guys have curved penises.  You just happen to have both.  As long as it doesn't cause pain and still seems to work fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
It could be Peyronie's disease, which is usually not very problematic unless the curvature is so severe it prevents intercourse or causes pain.  I think the treatment used to be vitamin E, but I'm not sure if they still use that.  You could see a urologist about it.  It is very common.  
Hi WWW, you could try jelqing to help straighten out your problem, just google pegym, and on there look for jelqing for beginners, and if you have a read around you find more info on your probelm.
Just stick to the program, dont push or rush it, if you do ED will be waiting for you, if quite safe if you just follow the rules, lots of guys and me have done this.
Good Luck