Fluconazole 150 single dose tablet for yeast infection
Hey guys! It has been 3 days since I took the pill, and it has helped a lot, but I'm experiencing some off and on short itches here and there. My skin is still very irritated.
The rash is typical--I get a rash before my period every month (my doctor has looked at it and told me to put some powder on it, but usually it is fine if I just air it out a bit.)
Anyway, my question is how long for all of the symptoms to go away after taking this? I've read 3-5 days.
And, secondly, since this is my monthly rash before my period, is it going to treat it or not?
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Hi there,
Yeast infections are common usually before periods. You may need an antifungal cream, a suppository or oral antifungal tablets for complete cure of your condition. You can take certain precautions to prevent frequent yeast infections. Maintain good genital hygiene; avoid using scented toiletries, tight undergarments. Wipe from front to back after using toilet. Change pads frequently during menses. Lose weight if you are overweight. If you are suffering from frequent yeast infections rule out diabetes mellitus. Discuss with your gynecologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best of luck and regards!