Sexual Health Community
Gay sex reducing life span? Is it true?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Gay sex reducing life span? Is it true?

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html#03

I just found this on the internet as I was reading about homosexuality.

Is it really true that having sex with the same sex, will reduce ones life span? I'm sorry but I just don't see how that is possible?

Can anybody verify/confirm or deny the information on this website?

I'm very worried for me and my partner now.
never heard of that. no one will EVER be able to "verifty/confirm or deny the information"

dont worry yourself about it.
PROPAGANDA.......
I was raised Catholic and I know what the Vatican says about homosexuality. No one will ever be able to say that same sex sex shortens life span.
Stop reading every piece of junk off the internet and stop believing every piece of junk you read.
If it does oh well. Lots of things can shorten your life span. Heck driving can do that. I don't believe everything I read about it. If you are happy then have fun.

Heck I am bisexual and if it shortens my life span so be it I am not changing.
sex is sex no matter what entry way you're using.  it's bs
Let me explain something about "life span" statistics and how we arrive at them. They're calculated on the basis of averages. They survey a sample of people in a particular group (gay men, for example) and look at the average age of death. The result is the average life span for that group.

If you consider the number of young men who have died of AIDS over the years, of course there's a higher number of deaths among young, gay men. The number is probably high enough to cause the average age of death to be slightly lower.

The article you posted is a classic case of misusing statistics. Good statisticians and public health officials are very careful when making cause and effect conclusions.  Suppose you had 10 friends and one had red hair. Let's say he dies of a heart attack at age 45. Misuse of statistics would lead you to believe that having red hair leads to a shortened life span. Afterall, 100% of the redheads in the survey died before the age of 50. The same is true of the article. Because of the high incidence of AIDS among young gay men, the average lifespan for that group is slightly lower. Therefore, having gay sex shortens your life! A ridiculous misuse of cause and effect. Think about the sex acts that gay men perform. Don't straight guys perform the same acts with women?

The fact is, getting AIDS can shorten your lifespan, whether you get it from gay sex, straight sex, or a blood transfusion.