Sexual Health Community
Glandular fever

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Glandular fever

I've recently been diagnosed with glandular fever. Had all the symptoms, fever, aches, what appeared to be severe tonsillitis. I also had unprotected sex in September. I've read that HIV symptoms can be very similar to those of glandular fever and glandular fever can therefore be misdiagnosed when it's actually HIV. If I've had a positive glandular fever blood test, is it at all possible that I might actually have HIV and the glandular fever positive blood test could actually be HIV?
Thank-you!
Hi C, A question I take it you are sexualy active then?
Look if you dont trust your doctor the just get to an STD/GUM Clinic, and get the to test you, you will find the staff very helpful.
Good Luck