Sexual Health Community
Haven't had intercourse in 6 years & I want to, am scared

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Really did not know what to put down as a "topic". We ( husbad & I ) have been happily married since 1978. WE always has a GREAT sex life. Back in 2005, I had a horrible car accident & was left for dead by the Other person. Woke up 4 days later & thought it was 1979 ( th elast time I was in the hospital when I gave birth to my son ) Both my husband & best g/f were with me. Never the less, we haven't had intercourse since I was 50. I am 56 now & dearly miss it. Granted I am aware that we women get "thin skinned " down there. My p.a. gave me premarin to use & another suppoistory type thing to use. I am aware what premarin is, but I don'tcare. I so want to be w/my husband again before I die. Any suggestions?????? Anyone over 55 years old, female & sexless like I am?
T.I.A.
Trying2 live
I would get some lubrication like KY  for more more moisture .There are many choices these days u can find them normally around the condoms .Then take it slow .I little at a time .You don't have to get there all in one night , I think it will work out fine and will have many more years of enjoyable sex ahead.
I am so sorry you have had to go through such trauma! I am glad you and your husband are okay...I can't imagine not being able to be intimate with my husband for that long. I agree with the prior post that lubrication will be very important as well as taking it slow. Touching is so important. Play around a little and see what feels okay first. Remind him how to touch you, where, and at what speed. Communicate with each other- don't be afraid to let him know what hurts and what feels good! I'm assuming your doctor has told you that you both are physically able to have sex so you should not be scared! It's sort of like being newleywed all over again!!!!! Try to enjoy yourself and the blessing of intimacy with your husband. I'm sure he misses you too :)
have you talked to your husband about it? because sometimes it may be the man thats a little nervous about it because in his mind after six years hes going to want live to his potential so he makes you happy,iwould just honest about it from what you say your marrige is great and you guys are probably best friends im sure he will talk,hope that helps in some way