Sexual Health Community
I can't ejaculate during intercourse

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I can't ejaculate during intercourse

When I'm with a woman, even one I love, I find I can't ejaculate during intercourse. It's also very difficult indeed for me to ejaculate when she masturbates me or pleasures me orally I know this condition is called delayed ejaculation, and I've searched for information on the Internet for "delayed ejaculation treatment"; what I'd now like to know is if anyone has a better way of dealing with it than sensate focus, which seems to be the method recommended in most of the treatment programs available.

Also, if sensate focus is the best way to deal with delayed ejaculation, does it actually work?
Joe
I can help you here because I'm a woman whose partner wasn't able to ejaculate during sex for many years, and who finally cured it by using a combination of counselling and sensate focus. Mind you, we did have to do quite a bit of research, both in terms of speaking to therapists and on the Internet before we found a cure. I'd recommend you start by searching for "delayed ejaculation treatment" on the net to establish a good background of information before you do anything else.
As I understand it, sensate focus is a way of increasing the arousal in the body, so that a man comes nearer to the point of ejaculatory inevitability, thereby making it easier for him to ejaculate than it otherwise would be.
But this is only half the battle to being able to ejaculate successfully during sex or orgasm during masturbation by the partner: the other half of it is about intimacy between the two partners during sex.
When all's said and done, the best sex comes when a couple are really enjoying each other's physicality and feel connected at the heart as well. Without without this connection, without intimacy, arousal may just not be high enough for sex to be satisfactory. And for a man with delayed ejaculation, who presumably has a higher than average sensitivity threshold, everything that can work in his favour is necessary to ensure he can ejaculate easily.
In short, I recommend sensate focus unreservedly for its capacity to increase intimacy and increase arousal. In addition, it can be helpful, as it was in our case, for a man to seek counselling just to ensure that his attitude to sex is not inhibited by guilt or shame, which seems to be the most common reason for a man having trouble reaching high level of arousal during intercourse and ejaculating during sex.
"Moongoddess"