Sexual Health Community
I lost my virginity and a week later I am still spotting and vagina ran...

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I lost my virginity and a week later I am still spotting and vagina randomly has weird contractions, like when I pee. Is this normal or not?

I lost my virginity almost a week ago and I bled pretty heavy for what I thought was normal and am still bleeding lightly a week after. Also my vagina just feels weird. Like it's hard to explain, but I am always aware of my vagina.. There's a feeling that is constant. Espically when I pee, which also has been more frequent. When I use the restroom there has been a feeling that overcomes me for about 10 seconds. It doesn't hurt but it just uncomfortable. Maybe I think if I have sex again it will stop. And I didn't get off the first time, so does that have something to do with it? I just am really confused and I am 17 so I don't want to go ask my parents or anyone, I don't know if this is normal and will go away or if I should go see a doctor? Please help!!
It's common after losing one's virginity... to have bleeding, spotting and pain/ sensitivity in the vaginal area. In fact, this can occur after the first several attempts at intercourse. And, pain, sensitivity or discomfort can manifest in a number of ways. For a while, it may hurt or be uncomfortable to sit in certain positions due to the fact that your vagina has been stretched. And, you may experience stinging and burning when you urinate, especially if your urine or "pee" is tricking down past the ruptured and torn hymen. Or, it's possible that you could have an infection either in the urinary tract or in the vagina. You could give these symptoms time to clear... and see if that "weird" feeling passes. But, if the discomfort persists or worsens, then... yes, you would most definitely want to see a doctor.
There could be a number of reasons for that "feeling." First, did he use protection? Could it be possible that you contracted some sort of STD? Second, maybe you have a bladder infection, or something similar. I would advise to get yourself checked immediately. It's better to be safe than sorry!
Iv never heard of that bad of bleeding but know some is. maybe it was a period off schedule. Id go to your doctor or local health dept. to get checked out just to be sure everything is fine. It hurts the first few times u have sex. I had to try numerous times before I could evan have intercourse for the first time cause it hurt so bad. If u live in the states the health depo is private and free for that kind of thing good luck! hope u feel better soon