Sexual Health Community
Impacts from masturbation

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Impacts from masturbation

Hi, Im 15 years old and have been masturbating since I was approximately 12 or 13 years old, at times I have mastrubated chronically and also regurarly(2-3 times a week), I have never experienced any serious side effects with the exception of  short-lasting headaches, but now masturbation is becoming a problem for me. Since I have began masturbating i've been always extremely curious about its negative impact on the the performance brain and on the process of puberty. From browsing the Internet, all the information I have ever received is that masturbation causes certain chemicals in your brain to be over stimulated and over produced(specifically neurotransmitters) and that it also lowers testosterone levels. My question is, what are the short or long term effects(if they exist in reality) of the over stimulation of these neurological chemicals and the lowering of testosterone, will it affect my cognitive function,memory?,and also how over masturbation may effect different aspects of the body. If serious effects of masturbation indeed exist, I also need to know how i can use remedies to cure my body(herbs,certain foods)

I  have no clue what long term effects ejactulaton has on the brain. I do know that whether you are doing it by yourself or with a partner, it is a natural process of life and our bodys were made to require sex.
I don't know what rot you are reading on the internet, but relax--they used to tell people it would make you go blind, too.

neurotransmitters: the chemical that connects our nervous system by either causing neurons to fire or not fire. any time you have any kind of physical sensation (bump your head, tickle yourself, orgasm, etc.), neurotransmitters are doing their job: sending the appropriate signals to the brain and back to the area of contact.

masturbation causes a slight lowering of testosterone--yes, as you release ejaculate fluids: you'll make more!

"Chronic" masturbation-- or any other activity-- means it has taken over your life to the point where you cannot/willnot function normally. Only then is intervention needed. For a young man of 15, 2-3 times a week is well within the conservative range of healthy activity.   enjoy your toy!