Sexual Health Community
Increased Libido

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Increased Libido

In the past couple of months, I have noticed an increased libido - and this is causing a problem.
My husband is convinced I am a "nympho" (his name, not mine) and that I should see a therapist or go to my doctor and get something to tone myself down, because no right person at my age (45) should want to have sex 2 or 3 times a day ... he says he is normal and only wants it a couple of times a week, but I still have to ask, or we don't even have that.
Is something wrong with me?

WendyJo42Q
Nothings wrong with you I'm 48 and my libido has gone through the roof,wanting it at least 2 to 3 times a day
Perfectly healthy; perfectly normal.
I'm the same way, myself. My libido kicked into high gear when I was in my mid 40s.
I'm 53... soon to be 54 and, I'm still pretty much the same way. So, I guess that makes me a "horny old lady," which is fine with me. Anyway, according to my doctor, a small percentage of women experience an increase in libido due to the hormonal changes that occur during the Peri-Menopausal phase.
So, I would say that what you're experiencing is just as likely to be physiological as anything else.
Ok - so how do I cope and what should I do?

Telling me I am "normal" is one thing, but I still have a husband who is fine with once a week intimacy (or more like once every 2 weeks) and I am still thinking about it all the time.
To be honest, I am getting a bit tired of taking cold showers - and they don't really help. All they do is make me feel cold.
Well, there is masturbation which, my boyfriend has encouraged me to do.
And, the added use of a vibrator along with a warming lubricant has given me a good deal of pleasure and relief. I, personally, prefer the type of vibrator that both vibrates and rotates. But, there are many kinds of vibrators to choose from. And, most can be found at adult book stores.
I suppose that there are also medical ways to curb the libido. I mentioned that possibility to my doctor and he just looked at me... I can't be sure, but I had the distinct feeling that he was containing his laughter. Anyway, if it becomes problematic, you may want to discuss this with your family physician. Perhaps, you'll get a different response that I did.
listen to butterfly. get yourself a vibrator, dildo and X movies and take care of yourseld.
I am just like you - all of the sudden I have a libido out of nowhere - it has been about 4 1/2 months and it is going strong.  I can think of it all the time.  I never had a libido - and I mean never.  I turned 40 in October.  I had an ablation done about 2 and a half years ago and so don't actually bleed but I still know when it is that time of the month.  What I have noticed is that not only has my libido increased so has all of my emotions, especially around that time.  Have you noticed an increase in emotions also?