Sexual Health Community
Intentional Retrograde Ejaculation

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Intentional Retrograde Ejaculation

I'm hoping to get some conclusive insights on the potential risks of a habit I've had for some time.

When I orgasm during masturbation, I don't allow myself to ejaculate. What I mean is, I reach orgasm but squeeze firmly just underneath the frenulum of my penis with one or two of my fingers during the time I'd normally be ejaculating, which usually prevents the semen from coming out. Most of the time it's successfully contained in my urethra but once in a while a bit pokes out.

I started doing this years ago (at least 4 or 5 years) once I figured out I could and have been doing it just about every time I masturbate which is at least once a day. I do it to avoid the mess, of course, but as I'm beginning to be more conscious of my health in the long-term, I'm thinking it's probably not worth it. I've been browsing the internet for information and most of what I've seen says "no" to it. I've decided to stop based on my intuition and the information I've read, but I am seeking further confirmation just so I don't try to rationalize doing it later on (knowing myself, this is pretty likely).

I'm not even sure if what I'm doing is actually considered "retrograde ejaculation" but it's the closest name I could match to it. When I ejaculate without holding it back it comes out just fine so it doesn't happen automatically, though the volume of ejaculate seems quite small and has been since I started masturbating (quick guess would be a teaspoon on average).

Hopefully after years of doing this I haven't screwed myself (pun fully intended) over for my prostate health or something in the future. Any real information I can get will be nice!
True retrograde ejaculation involves a failing of the urinary sphincter within the prostate allowing the semen contained to be pushed into the bladder during ejaculatory contractions. What you have been doing would not be considered retrograde ejaculation; but it could very well contribute to the onset of the condition.

Ejaculating a teaspoon of semen is approximately 4ml; which would be in the average range for a normal semen volume of 3-5ml, so it shouldn't have any negative effects on your fertility. If you abstain from masturbation or intercourse that results in ejaculation for just a few days (2-4days) you will allow your seminal vesicles and prostate enough time to produce your maximum semen volume. Other factors the lower the semen volume are poor hydration, nicotine, recreational drugs, stress or illness.
If you search kundalini yoga, taoist yoga, you will know the importance of with holding ejaculation and reaching orgasm.you may also read about circulating sexual energy around microcosmic orbit in the body.They practice of stopping ejaculation by pressing a particular spot in perineum.Their belief is that male lose his energy by ejaculation and female loses her energy by menstrual blood. So to save energy they try to reduce ejaculation in male and menstrual blood in female.You can also learn about sexual reflexology. You may consult a doctor as well. Male deer exercise and female deer exercises are very important exercises for them. If you can contact master of kundalini yoga or Taoist yoga, you will be able to resolve your dilemma.