Is it safe to use lotion on the penis?
Here's my story:  I'm an 18-year-old male and I masturbate quite often.  This morning I was in the shower and had the urge to masturbate, and mistakenly used soap as a lubricant (yes, I know that's a bad idea now, I learned it the hard way, but I didn't come here to get reprimanded for that so no comments on that.  It already happened, correcting me after the fact does no good).  So naturally it's dry as you would expect, and I read that this can also cause a rash which I want to avoid.  Is it safe, or even a good idea to use a bit of lotion on it?
Use some Johnsons baby lotion (They use it for nappy rash) but its a good moisturiser for people with sensitive skin :) I've use it so it should be fine.
It's not harmful, just make sure to keep it away from the meatus (hole).
For future experiences, purchase a lubricant one that isn't petrolium based, water based is the best. Lubricants work much better and if you're inclined to masturbate in the shower use a silicone lubricant.