Sexual Health Community
Is masturbation dangerous? Masturbation problem, pain in testicle, slee...

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Is masturbation dangerous? Masturbation problem, pain in testicle, sleep problem.

I recently read that masturbation is very unhealthy and can be dangerous. I am a 21 year old and I have been masturbating since my early teenage years. Throughout this time I have become dependant on masturbating. I have never had sex and I do not believe in having sex until marriage therefore I find my release through masturbating. I have not been aware how dangerous masturbation is and recently I have had occasional pain in my right testicle. I found a lump there a few years ago and it was checked but it is only a cyst, I am prone to cysts. I have read about when sperm ducts become blocked and infected and this can cause occasional pain and discomfort along with occosional swelling. I think it is either discomfort or pain from the cyst or sperm ducts getting blocked. Do you know if the sperm duct will become uninfected after a period of time?

I have occasionally had fatigue from masturbation and find it difficult to concentrate when I find an opportunity to masturbate. Sleep problems also occur when I stay up late to masturbate and as mentioned I have suffered from testicle pain and discomfort.

I know it sounds as if I have a masturbation problem but I do not want to see specialists or a doctor concerning it. I do want to cure the problem so are there any hints any one could be kind enough to give me to get my sexual release in other ways rather than masturbation? Will my testicle discomfort and pain go away if I stop masturbating? Are there any foods, drinks, activities I can eat, drink or do to help or any of these I need to cut out? Is it okay to masturbate occasionally or better to cut it out all together? Thank you for your time.
It sounds like what you need to do is quit cold turkey if youa are not willing to see a professional.  Keeping yourself under control is something you need to do.  Learning how to do that and getting the best tools will come from a trained professional.  

I can't tell if your testicle discomfort will go away.  That is something you will have to see on your own by not masturbating for a while.  It appears you are prone to cyst inside of the testicles so this can be present possibly wih or without masturbation.  

I would recommend a professional in dealing with sexual matters.  As you said you are dependant on the masturbation.  Classic sign of an unhealthy addiction.
I'm a 19yr girl . I a have a cyst on my left overy 4cms ..I'm a virgin I wanna if masturbating is bad ?? For the cyst and it will grow?? Or its just wrong when I have a cyst .