Sexual Health Community
Loss of intrest for 8 years now

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Loss of intrest for 8 years now

Ever since my first child was born I have not been interested in sex at all, I will go through with it to make my husband happy, but I have no desire, we have tried many differnt things to help me but so far nothing has worked, we had a great sex life before we had children, and I am scared I am going to lose him over this, what can I do? I am on Ativan now for about 6 days and Celexa for about a year, recently came off of a hydrocodone addiction of 2 years. The strange part is that while I was using the Hydrocodone I did have the desire to be with my husband, what is making that happen, and what can I do to get my desire back without meds?
I think that just being a mom (caretaker, housekeeper, cook, nurse, choffer, teacher, advisor, woman, lover) and the many roles and responsibilities of just being a mom at times leaves little time  and just plain ol tired for the romance department and I also feel that the Ativa, Celexa and any other combinations of medication might have side effects. I recommend that you contact your gyne with your concerns. You might be having side effects that your doctor can discuss with you and the changes within your body after childbirth. Also, try to find personal, intimate quite time for just the two of you. See if a trusted family member can watch the kids for an evening, giving you time to just go out to dinner, maybe a movie or a long walk and reconnect. Good Luck, Judy
I also recommend gowing away for a weekend (exp: Las Vegas) where you can have a great time alone, have fun and intimate quite time to reconnect. Good Luck.