Aa
A
A
Close
1160764 tn?1267117459
Loss of intrest for 8 years now
Ever since my first child was born I have not been interested in sex at all, I will go through with it to make my husband happy, but I have no desire, we have tried many differnt things to help me but so far nothing has worked, we had a great sex life before we had children, and I am scared I am going to lose him over this, what can I do? I am on Ativan now for about 6 days and Celexa for about a year, recently came off of a hydrocodone addiction of 2 years. The strange part is that while I was using the Hydrocodone I did have the desire to be with my husband, what is making that happen, and what can I do to get my desire back without meds?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
686059 tn?1293837427
I think that just being a mom (caretaker, housekeeper, cook, nurse, choffer, teacher, advisor, woman, lover) and the many roles and responsibilities of just being a mom at times leaves little time  and just plain ol tired for the romance department and I also feel that the Ativa, Celexa and any other combinations of medication might have side effects. I recommend that you contact your gyne with your concerns. You might be having side effects that your doctor can discuss with you and the changes within your body after childbirth. Also, try to find personal, intimate quite time for just the two of you. See if a trusted family member can watch the kids for an evening, giving you time to just go out to dinner, maybe a movie or a long walk and reconnect. Good Luck, Judy
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
686059 tn?1293837427
I also recommend gowing away for a weekend (exp: Las Vegas) where you can have a great time alone, have fun and intimate quite time to reconnect. Good Luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sexual Health Community Resources