Sexual Health Community
Lost my virginity to a one night stand, it was drunken and unprotected....

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Lost my virginity to a one night stand, it was drunken and unprotected.

I suppose I'm starting this like dozens of questions you've seen. I was out with some friends and I ended up sleeping with a random girl at the end of the night. It was unprotected even though I had a condom in my pocket. I cannot even function right now and it's been like this from the moment I sobered up. I haven't been able to eat or sleep these past 4 days. I didn't ejaculate at all but I know that pre-ejaculate can cause pregnancy. I don't know the girl but I know she wasn't on the pill, as that was the first question I asked of my friend, who's talking to a friend of the stranger I slept with. I feel utterly helpless, would it be bad of me to demand to know if the stranger took the morning after pill? I know it's a bit late to ask now as well.

I'm also in mortal terror of the possibility of STIs. I am totally unsure of when to get tested as all these different websites tell me different waiting periods. Some say straight away, others that I should wait two weeks etc. I was a virgin before doing this so that throws another spanner in the works.

You can berate me for this, I deserve it, but any sort of advice regarding the testing would be greatly appreciated. Especially the HIV test as well, would it be useless of me to get tested asap? Should I just wait till 3, and then 6, months?
every eight months :)
Sorry to ask but, Every 8 months I check what?
HIV probably won't show up well until 3 months, but 2 weeks should be enough time for most other things to show up.  You can always call a clinic that deals with sexual health a lot and ask them when would be a good time to get tested.  Certainly go in if you start getting a fever, spots, discharge, etc.  Fortunately for you, guys are slightly less likely than girls to catch an STD from a single encounter, since they don't have so much mucous membrane surface for transmission.  

If it's been less than 5 days since this happened, she can still take the morning after pill.  It is ok to ask her, since you could be on the hook for child support if she ended up having and keeping a baby you helped make.  It's also ok to ask her when she was last tested for STDs and if she was clean then, and how many partners she's had since then, especially if the sex was unprotected.  She might get offended if you ask, but you have every right to since your health is in question.

A good thing for you to know is that if you're under 26, you can now get the Guardasil (HPV) vaccine.  There's no solid evidence yet that it will protect you from HPV related anal or penile cancers, but it absolutely can help prevent it from spreading (and genital warts are a pain to have, and a risk to any partners you have).