Sexual Health Community
Masturbating at age 11 normal/healthy?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Masturbating at age 11 normal/healthy?

Hi, i first masturbated at the age of 11 (11years 8 months to be exact). The first time i did it i ejaculated white semen/sperm.

I have heard stuff such as

1.masturbating/masturbating at an early age may stunt growth later on in puberty/ mess up puberty
2. masturbating causes you to become dumber e.g less smart/lower iq
3. increases chances of blindness
4. increases rate of testicular/prostate cancer

are any of these true? Im really worried about this.

when i heard a few of them i tried to stop but couldnt manage. I do not masturbate frequently (about 4-5 times a month) nor in an inappropriate form.

thanks.
First, let's address what you've "heard."

1.    Masturbation does not stunt your growth or mess up puberty. Your body continuously produces sperm and semen. Growth and puberty are controlled by a hormone called testosterone, which, like sperm,  is produced in your testicles. Masturbation does nothing to interfere with it.

2.  Masturbation does not lower your I.Q.

3.  It does not cause blindness, nor does it cause hair to grow on your palms, in case you've ever heard that one.

4.  It does not cause testicular or prostate cancer. In fact, ejaculation is actually healthy for your prostate. The incidence of testicular cancer is higher in guys aged 15-35, which is the same age range when your masturbation frequency is probably the highest. Some misinformed people put two and two together and got five.

If you think about it, physically there is absolutely no diffference between masturbation and sex, just the method of making it happen. Saying all those things would be the same as saying that sex causes all of those things. If that were true there'd be no human race.

Masturbation is a normal, healthy part of life as long as it does not become obsessive. More than 95% of all guys have masturbated at some time and more than 90% continue to do it throughout life, even if they're in a sexual relationship such as marriage. Like yourself, most of us start at around the start of puberty. From what you describe you have nothing to worry about.
The first time I masturbated I was like 12, and I wondered the same thing. As I grew into an adult, I wondered if it was my masturbating at a young age that caused my penis to be slightly curved, then I found out that it's normal for a penis to have a slight curve so I was worrying over nothing.

To answer your question, no. Those things you heard are myths. However, it is true that every time you masturbate an angel dies, just something to keep in mind ; )
i was 11 too when i first did. i was mad at myself though it didn't feel right but the older you get the more practical it gets. just when your older don't let your hand replace the ladies you will regret it. and angles dont die everytime you do it. king your a ****
Everything you heard are BS and myths.Studies have shown but not proven that ejaculating regularly decreases chances of Prostate Cancer.They think its because the ejaculate carries away carcinagens that build up in the Prostate Gland.Second  sexual stimulation and ejacualtion makes the Testes produce more Testosterone.If anyting that would help speed up growth a bit.Blindness...thats an old wives tale.Becomeing less intelligent iv never even heard that one before.Im supprised you didnt thrown in the whole hairy palms myth,lol.Masterbation (masturbation) is completely harmless,if not beneficial to your sexual maturity.You may be starting a little young but its not going to hurt ya in any way.
I started masturbating at 5 (long story) and I'm 5'9" with a 190 IQ. Just enjoy it.
im 15 and have been masterbating (masturbating) for about 5 years...... now i masterbate about 3 times a day. Do i have a problem??
my only advice is to cut down to once or twice. I'm 14 and have been going at it for 2 or 3 years
i dont do it now, dont know why, but yeah, i masturbated from a very early age. i dont know when it started, but it was something i pretty much did every day. i didnt know at first what ''it'' was that i was doing but i knew i enjoyed it, and it never felt ''dirty'' or anything stupid like that.

all of those silly old wives tales are just a way of people wanting to stop that kind of thing in young people. people can be very naive and prudish, and for some reason, masturbation disturbs them. dont worry about it. you are just expressing and exploring your new found sexuality.
Ohhh so does it increase the chance of prostate cancer I started at 11yrs old play realm of the mad god awesome my name is spend unite
Sir i started ejaculating at age of 10 and used to ejaculate 6-7 times a week
Now i am 17 Is there any complications with it . I ejaculate 7 yrs daily
It is okay if you do not feel any ill effects. There are few good tips for masturbating.
Use lubricated hand.
Do not stop breathing.
keep your perineum relaxed.
When your masturbate lying down, lye down on your back.
Do not do it in a hurry.
keep your bladder empty.
Use jerking as well as thrusting
Masturbating at the age of 10 is normal.
If you masturbate less no. of time, you can enjoy a better quality of masturbation..