Sexual Health Community
Mutual Masturbation between 2 men. Risks involved?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Hello Forum,

Can someone please answer this question.  
What are the exact risk of mutual masturbation between 2 men, unknown health or std history. Complete strangers. I meet men from time to time and engage in this activity.  I am looking for as definitive an answer to the risks regarding STD concerns.  ONLY mutual masturbation, no oral sex or anal sex of any kind.  No genital to genital contact as well.  Additionally no contact with semen at anytime. Possible little nicks or cuts on finger from nailbiting or biting around cuticles. Possible precum contact when using each others hand.
Thank you in advance for anwering my question!

Mutual masturbation doesn't cause any STD. However, be aware of open cuts, as blood to blood interaction might cause HIV.

As long as your hands are clean without cuts, and the guys have no open cuts too, then you'll be fine. Common transmission of STD is usually passed on through oral and intercourse.

Chlamydia and Gonorrhea can be passed onto eyes. So after the sessions, wash your hands thoroughly and carefully.
Thanks so much for the prompt response. I would never engage in any such acitivity with an open wound which I presume to mean a bleeding cut. I can't say though about a nick or two on finger or hand that is in the healing process or just closing.  I'm probably putting way too much stock in this whole thing but I of course want to be sure. I realize in the medical field that nothing is 100% and there is theoretically a risk.  Just like getting struck with lightening.  

Just 3 more questions if you don't mind.

1. Is hand sanitizing thoroughly afterwards just as good as washing hands?
2. Should I bother getting tested under the premise I describe in my initial post?
3. I ask this with all due respect, what is your background that makes you an expert or a responder on this Forum?  
Thank you so much and I look forward to your reply!
Herpes is transferred open wound to open wound. If he has genital herpes and you touch the infected area with a open fingernail biting sore, herpes could most definately be transferred. And mattsai is correct with the warning about HIV as is a blood to blood contact.
We are all of different backgrounds and have learned the same thing about STD's as you have. Use a bacterial hand wash but that wont help if you wash after the contact. Every one has a right to live their lifestyles but please be careful with complete strangrers as their is more at risk than just STD's.
If you're really concerned about getting an STD from doing this then both of you can use rubber gloves. I know, it may not be the same but I think it will put your mind at ease. You can buy a box at your local drug store. They're like the ones used by Drs, very thin.
The only risk if you're not sharing any fluids is the skin viruses (HPV, HSV, MC, etc.). These are transmitted by simple skin contact (or even just using a door handle or towel after someone for MC), so even non-sexual skin contact presents these hazards. Usually viral skin infections display symptoms (a bump or bumps of whatever sort) but not always, so it's something to consider. There are also nonviral skin infections too, but they're generally only an issue for immunodeficient people.
Thank you everyone for chiming in.  I appreciate as much information as possible.  I did go down to the Clinic yesterday and was tested for everything.  The HIV test came back 20 minutes later and it was negative :)

I am just waiting on results for Clamydia (chlamydia), Gonorrhea, Syphillis (syphilis) and some others I can't recall. I should know by Friday.  Anxious to say the least.

What I found fascinating at the clinic was they were really having a hard time believing that all I engaged in was Mutual Masturbation and were pressing me to "really" find out what prompted me to come down there.  A scare or something.  I just kept explaining that all that I have ever done is Mutual Masturbation and have never done anything else.  I have no reason to not be upfront as I dont know these folks and holding back information wouldn't do anyone any good.  I guess I am an exception that I have self control to SOME extent and I know what I can handle mentally.  Even Mutual Masturbation has put my mind through the ringer. For whatever reason they just found my story hard to believe.  Oh well.  I guess I should make something up , lol. Kidding.  

In the mean time, while I wait, can anyone provide me with some confidence in that the test will most likely be negative?  :)  No symptoms or anything and like I said just mutual masturbation.
I really think your tests are going to come back negative and you're just fine. Good for you for being so careful with your sex life. So many people are'nt these days.