Sexual Health Community
My GF has a dry vagina during sex - Help

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

So here is my problem.  My girlfriend's vagina is kind of dry during sex.  It's ok for awhile but then seems to dry out.  The outcome is that after sex, my penis swells up a little in one area, probably from too much friction.  It takes about 12-24 hours for the swelling to go down completely.  But then the area hardens over and takes about 4 days or so for the hardened skin area to go back to normal.  During that time we can't have sex because I don't want to exacerbate the healing process on that part of my penis.  It's a minor problem but very inconvenient.  

My question for the community is, how do we solve this problem short term and long term?   Short term: If I wear a rubber (which i haven't done yet), will this solve the problem on MY end. meaning will my penis not swell up from her slightly dry vagina?  

If that is the short term solution, what is the long term solution?  I want to be able to have sex with her spontaneously without a rubber and without the penis swelling problem post sex.  

What do you recommend?   I know we can use lube but it is very inconvenient. I've used it a few times. One time even with the lube my penis swelled up a little on the side after sex.

PS. This has only happened in my life with her.  So it cannot be an issue on my end.

PSS. Anyone ever had this exact same issue?  

Thank you in advance for any insight and advice!!
I'm having a similair problem about the wetness issue. ..as of lately. Try getting her to eat more things with fatty acid:
■Omega-3 (fish, flaxseed oil, and some nuts like macadamia,almond,walnut)
■Omega-6 (evening primrose oil and borage oil)
■Omega-9 (olive oil)
- those kinds of foods help women produce more vaginal mucas/lubrication).
Thats what i've been given a few times as advice, looked up on it, and seems to be a very possible solution. I have just started this week putting more of those things in my diet everyday. Already seems to be helping a little, so i'll update you more if interested. Or even try some aphrodisiacs on her side, things high in zinc (ex: oysters) to get her mood flowing. ^_^

Another solution might be to change around how you start/do during sex to mix it up. Get her more excited doing something different and surprising her with new acts...

hope this helps.
I actually heard that Vitamin E pills can be used for dry vaginas. So maybe u can find something about that, i'm not sure the exact details of it.

Also as inconvenient as it is, ALWAYS use lube in ur case. KY Jelly is very good, and get one for sensitive skin. U can actually buy thin, small lubes and she can keep one in her purse or pocket for spontaneous times. But always use it for now. Her dryness is her body. There will be small things she can do but this is her body. Some are very wet, some are very dry and others vary in the middle. If it persists to bother u greatly tho, never hurts to visit a gyno!! Good luck!