My boyfriend has epididymitis. I'm worried.
In the end of June this year my boyfriend had epididymitis he had antibiotics and it cleared up. We split up and during the break up I had unprotected sex with someone else. We got back together in July and just 4 days ago he had similar symptoms again. He has no discharge, a slight pain in his penis after urinating (not often) and his pain he explains to be a dull ache. He's not back on the same antibiotics. I'm extremely worried that his case of epididymitis is from an sti. I've been tested yesterday to put my mind at rest but I'm going out my mind with worry. If someone could help it would be appreciated. :(
I'd also like to mention over the past 2 weeks we have had sex very often. Could he have got the infection from too much sex? Thanks
Im not a doctor but to have some experience. 50% of this infection come from SDI, others from having sex with a full bladder and some from having anal sex. It is bacteria. When you got tested did the doctor assure you that your ok? If you had sex with him while he was infected than there is a chance that you have it and the other boy now has it. Ask your doctor to please clarify your test results, as this could go back and forth.
Hi Dakota, When he first had it was you put on any drugs at the same time as him, if not you should have been, as they both go together, the idea behind it is to kill the bugs that are coursing it, so now hes got it again so you should see the sence behind it now.
So hope the tests read right.
Good Luck