Nearly a 30 year old virgin...
Hi there,

I have an embarrassing problem and wondered if anyone could suggest a cure.

I'm 29 years old and have been married for three years but still a virgin. We'd both like to start a family soon but this is proving to be an impossible fantasy due to the fact that I can't seem to have penetrative sex.

I'm really at my wits end as I feel too ashamed to speak to anyone (other than my husband) about this problem. I suspect that I'm suffering from Vaginismus... all the symptoms appear to mirror what I am going through. The prospect of wearing a tampon sends shivers down my spine, let alone anything else!

I've tried everything from being massaged to the extreme of getting drunk in the hope that I'd feel relaxed enough to have sex.

Please help! I really don't know what else to do and this situation is making me extremely unhappy. To the point that I give up on sex altogether which doesn't make for a healthy relationship.

Many thanks,

XtinaC
This is a vaginismus group on yahoo that you can join. All the women share their stories, treatment and success. Have went to a gyno yet? If you do have vaginismus you may not even be able to do the exam, but some doctors will do it in the hospital so you can be put out during the exam.
Thanks for your recommendation there! I will definitely take a look at the Yahoo group.

No, I have yet to visit a gyno... that too sends a shiver down my spine and as such, I put off going through fear that I would be prodded by the doctor. I didn't know that it was possible to have a gyno examine you while being put out! Now if only this could be extended to the bedroom... :)

Thanks so much again. You've given me hope and brightened up my day!
Anytime you need to talk just leave me a note. I know how you feel and what you are going through.
Just drink some marijuana tea
Thank you - that's very sweat of you!