Sexual Health Community
ORAL SEX W/Condom

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

ORAL SEX W/Condom

I have been giving my current boyfriend oral sex with the tropical flavors condoms from Durex for over a year. I just wanted to know if whether or not the condoms protect against all bacteria and disease during oral. The reason is sometimes I get a sore throat after giving oral, and wasn't sure if its from the condoms or what? I do think the condoms are meant for oral sex, and my boyfriend has been a virgin since he met me, so I doubt he has any STD. We also always use a condom for oral, and I just think I'm paranoid, but I would really like to know if anything can harm my throat, thanks!!!

-MISSMonica
Hi Monica, You could be getting a reaction from the latex, and latex can give you some real problems, but if you go to Walmart you can find some latex free condoms, and if you did it without a condom, male sperm wont hurt you, some women find it helps them in all differant ways.
Good Luck
Good Luck
I mean I thought if you have an allergy your whole face swells and you get a rash. SOOOO could I die from this then? I have a minor sore throat/irritation. I hope it goes away on its own. I don't want to go to the doctor or anything. Even if it is an allergy, it will go away? ALSO do you think its some virus from the penis head itself even though there was a condom on?
Hi Monica, Ok lets try and get things right for you, if you stop useing latex condoms for BJs then? if I'm right you should be OK.
As for getting an STD through a condom, I think your quite safe seeing as your 98% safe from getting preggers the you sould be 98% safe from getting an STD OK.
But then you said hes a virgin, so just wear has he got an STD from then?
Look I think your safe but you are getting paranoid from all this, so I surggest you take a sex break to calm your self down for a couple of weeks.
Look a few years ago there was a very good magazine called Forum, now if you have any second hand book and magazine shops see if you can find some, the older ones are the best, I'm talking early 1970s and onwards, I think these were the best, you will find letters at the back of them and an adviser, you will find lots of info on sex and sex matters, woth there weight in gold, and you can find some Forum books as well, Sex life letters, more sex life letters and sex files, all good reading.
Good Luck
Good Luck
Latex can be irritating, especially since there is always that extra "tip" of the condrom.  My female partners have always found using condoms during oral to irritate their throats as well.

My advice is if you've been with him for a year and he's a virgin have him get tested to be 100% sure and then once you're comfortable knowing that he's safe/clean I would stop using condoms for oral, unless the taste bothers you, then that's another issue altogether.

You could also try the non-latex type but I've never liked any of those myself.

-Jeremy