Sexual Health Community
Oral Sex: Good or Bad?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Oral Sex: Good or Bad?

What are the benefits of oral sex? What are the consequences? I was thinking about trying, but I want to ask before I do anything.
Tags: oral sex
  • Oral Sex (20 replies):
    This is just a little survery about how many men and wom...[more]
  • oral sex (2 replies):
    i love to have oral sex with my wife i dont know if its ...[more]
  • oral sex sos (8 replies):
    I can't get the thought of wanting to perform oral sex o...[more]
  • oral sex (3 replies):
    i read...during oral sex,and male's ejaculation, semen m...[more]
  • Oral Sex- I don't like it! (16 replies):
    IS there something wrong with me? I don't really like or...[more]
the benefits are no unwanted pregnany but still the fun lol,consequences are you either love it or you hate it,dont do it unless you are one hundred percent sure and it is with someone you know and trust and have been given the all clear in std's
It's sort of what some kids do in this day and age so they won't have to hassle with birth control, but it doesn't protect against STDs, and is a kind of weird way to get introduced to sex -- no real natural rhythm or way for your body to get adjusted to sex.  If you're going to do it, be sure it is reciprocal, and if you don't get pleasure from your partner giving you oral sex, there is no reason you should do it.  
there are no benefits of oral sex... it's just a pleasure giving experience and arousing act... there are no chances of getting pregnant but a fair chance of getting any std just like in the traditional way or anal sex.. it's good to see that u decided to get some info on it before trying it.. god bless.. good luck.. if u don't mind i didn't like it..lol..
Does not have to be reciprocal. If you love to give oral sex then you love to give it. Don't always expect some in return. And it is possible to catch a std from oral sex but the % is very low compare to having unprotected sex.
The good: pleasurable stimulation and immense gratification on being on both the giving and receiving end. It's a very effect way to achieve orgasms.

The not so good: gag reflexes, sore neck muscles, tired arm.

Sorry if my comment seems too paternal.  Getting started with any form of sex with others at the age of thirteen has only risks and negative consequences--mostly diseases and ultimately intercourse at a very young age.