Sexual Health Community
Oral sex after anal sex - is it really dangerous or not

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

This topic was quite shocking to me: suddenly I found out that quite many couples practice this.

I.e. a woman does a fellatio just after having an anal sex - and, of course, the special thrill is that it is done without taking care of hygiene (not giving an enema before, and not using a condom).

When I first read about this at forums, I was shocked: this form of sex strongly contradicts with my notion about hygiene :)

But after some googling, I found out that medics insist on the possibility of catching some diseases from the other persons, but that's not applicable in this situation: one cannot infect himself :)

So it looks like the only danger can be from gut organisms, but I didn't manage to find any information on this.

Could you please answer, is it really dangerous, or there is just a psychological barrier, and the danger doesn't exceed other, more traditional, forms of oral sex? (I'll greatly appreciate if you give some links to medical literature, maybe with exact risk percentage).
Thinking on it, I actually don't know of any other risk besides reinfecting yourself with a parasite. So for example if you had pin worms you would easily get the eggs back into your system. The idea is completely repugnant to me, but it is a point how do you infect yourself with anything other than what you already have? Wow I feel like my mind is blown. Don't think I'll try it anytime soon, but interesting.
My logic prompts the same, but there is a counter-argument: medics discourage vaginal sex right after anal sex: microflora is quite different, and this may result in diseases. So it's very difficult to judge without medical knowledges.
easy answer:    Just don't do it!!

You well might disregard my advice cuz:
it would never in a Million, Trillion, ZILLION years be a question that would even enter my mind in the first place!!.....just saying.
Yeah I agree, I would never consider doing it myself. (My husband has to be fresh from the shower for me to consider fillacio.  But when it comes down to it, hypothetically could it make someone sick?
Ok, don't worry please, I'm not going to do this :)
It's just an interest.
But some people do this, and the question is just: are they too careless, or that's just a sexual "prank", one of many (that may be inappropriate for most people, but, you know, for some people anything other than missionary position is a perversion ;) ).
I would think that introducing e-coli bacteria from where they normaly are,
into the mouth and digestive system could be very harmful.
Just think of people getting e-coli poisening from people handeling their
food, and not washing their hands after using the bathroom.
An interesting question though, I'm not sure if I'm right, but that's what I think.
But the e. coli that you get food poisoning from isn't the same e. coli that is in your gut- it's a different strand. I don't know if someone can carry this around naturally but I know that that isn't considered "normal" flora of the gut.

So far I'm thinking the most danger from this is an infection in your mouth. Your stomach acid should do it's job and kill whatever bacteria get into your system, but the mouth might be more at risk. Any thoughts?
I've found the following in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ass_to_mouth):
"If the recipient of ***-to-mouth is performing fellatio on a penis or object that was removed from his/her own rectum, the health risks are generally limited to disturbances of the gastrointestinal tract".

This is an argument for the position that this act is almost not dangerous at all.

But, unfortunately, this passage at wikipedia doesn't have any references, so it can't be called a reliable source.
Well I just did this...hence why I goggled lol...ill repost in a few days to inform of any infections