Sexual Health Community
Pain, swelling during/after sex

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Pain, swelling during/after sex

I'm 18 years old , I've only ever slept with 2 guys in long term relationships, the first we lost our virginities to each other, sex was great.. No problems at all.
My second relationship we had sex protected and then unprotected one night..then I started to have a few problems like pain after and sometimes during sex and also a burning sensation when urinating. I went to the doctors and they told me I had a water infection, I was put on a course of antibiotics and thought that would be the end of it. It wasn't... Sex still hurt, I still had the burning sensation and one day had bad abdominal pain and blood in my urine, I was told to go to the clinic,which I did.. I had a swab done and it came back positive for Chlymidia , I had treatment and so did my boyfriend, we waited the amount of time recommended before we could resume any sexual activity, I didn't have any pain anymore, until it came to us having sex again, my vagina became very swollen and red and incredibly sore, I returned to the clinic and was told I had developed thrush as a reaction to the previous treatment/medication , again I had the appropriate treatment and it cleared up but I've still had pain when I've had sex ever since, sometimes abdominal pain , pain whilst having sex , incredibly sore on the inside and outside of the vagina,sometimes even browny discharge which looks like dried blood or a yellowy discharge the day after, sometimes I get that swollen around the opening to the vagina mid way through sex that it prevents being entered, I've had a check up swab to see if maybe the treatment didn't work but my results where all negative for STI's ... I'm really worrying now as its this way for almost a year now and doesn't seem to go away.. Everything's fine as long as I don't have sex but I cannot restrain from sexual activity all my life, i want an intimate relationship, children in the future, I'm at my wits end .. Need help please!
Have you been tested for allergies to either the lube you're using or to condoms if you are using those?  Has your boyfriend been tested to be sure the chlamydia is gone?  (And have you?)  Have you been checked for BV?
Hi Zoweey, Look google Trichomoiasis, I think you mat find you answer there, they say its not an easy disease to trace, just get back to your STD/GUM Clinic and see what they can do for you.
Good Luck
Thank you for your answer, I did research on trichamoiasis and it did sound like a strong possibility as I could relate to some of the sympoms, I returned to my GUM clinic and asked about it but the woman dismissed the idea and wouldn't test for it but instead told me it was probably just thrush and did not prescribe me anything to help, i don't know what the next move is as I have used thrush treatment in the past and the problem with the pain and discomfort still exists and continues to do so , I do not think it is just thrush