SEXUAL HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Pain in vagina when aroused and painful orgasm?
by lauren2008, Aug 18, 2008
I am in my early teens and have been masturbating since a very young age. For about a year now, when I get very aroused, my vagina begins to cramp and sore up and it feels very uncomfortable. When I masturbate with this pain, the contractions during orgasm are very painful as well. I don't know what's causing this problem or how I can fix it, but I would really like to fix it.
I've also noticed that my genital area seems to be a little redder than should be normal, but I'm not quite sure what "normal" is. It is very red, though.
I am a virgin, and only sometimes stick my fingers up my vagina.
Any help is appreciated.
Member Comments (44)
by CurleyGirl7, Aug 18, 2008
You probably have some sort of infection because you didn't wash your hands before you masturbated. It could  be anything from bacterial vaginosis to just a simple yeast infection. You need to see a doctor to make sure it's not anything serious.
Have you been to a gynecologist yet?
by lauren2008, Aug 18, 2008
I don't have a gynecologist..I'm only in my early teens. And that's a good point... I admit I don't wash my hands before I masturbate. My discharge can be a little yellowish and sometimes there are little greenish spots in it that almost look like little hairs, but that's only sometimes. Could this be related?
by CurleyGirl7, Aug 19, 2008
Yes. It's probably a yeast infection....does it itch?
If it smells...and you said it is yellow with greenish spots...I think could be bacterial vaginosis, which can sometimes be linked to a yeast infection.
The only way to know for sure is to get a pelvic exam.
How early in your teens are you?
If you're like 12-14, go to your regular doctor...and she/he might refer you to a gynecologist.
If you're 15-18, ask your mom to see a gynecologist...you need to get checked out for cervical cancer and HPV anyways.
by MissMica, Jul 08, 2009
hi. i'm also a virgin, and i rarely penetrate when i masturbate - but I am experiencing the same pain. the muscles tighten and the pain comes sharp when im aroused, and with orgasm, it cramps up with the contractions. i feel like I'm pretty clean before/after masturbating - could it be the same thing? should i just go have it checked out none the less?
by m00000, May 21, 2010
Hi, I'm 25, have been sexually active since 17 and have developed the same symptoms as you. I have experienced this pain for about 6 months when aroused and during orgasm. It seems to be to do with muscles contracting. I wonder if its because I need to do more pelvic floor exercises??!! I dont have any infection, have been checked out. Got a pap smear coming up so maybe that will shed some light!!
I hope you've managed to sort it out...
by j99999, Jul 05, 2010
I am 42 years old i started experiencing this pain about 7 years ago, I've told my doctor several times and she finds nothing, she acts like I'm speaking another language. Unfortunately Ive learned to live with it, but lately I obsess  over it all the time, I have a beautiful husband and I'm nervous every time we start to have sex because of my pain. Its in the lower entrance of my vagina when I'm aroused and during orgasm, sometimes for no reason I get stabbing shooting pains there also.
This is the first time I have heard of anyone else having this, i thought I was the only one and was embarrassed to talk about it to friends, I also always think there's something horribly wrong. I anyone has info please let me know. Oh And Lauren that's ******** about the not washing your hands that has nothing to do with it.
by kfonz12, Jan 19, 2011
Omg!!!! I'm officially not a freak. Someone else is going threw the same thing. I'm 26 and have been sexually active since was 15..... I went to the doctor with this problem and he told me it was all in my head then gave me a muscle relaxes. I'm not sure what to do..... the pain is getting worse. I no longer want to have sex anymore bc of it. So if anyone has heard of anything that helps tell me
by Blondevwbabe, Jan 28, 2011
Im experiencing the same thing. For about 4 months now. Theres no way this many people have the same symptoms and the doctors dont know what it is. Its really annoying tho because i have a new boyfriend and im afraid to have sex with him because of it. Idk what to do.
by cranleygardens, Feb 16, 2011
I also have this and am very concerned. I'm 23 and it probably started about two years ago. I was worried it was because I over-masturbated because I havn't had a boyfriend for a long time - but I hope that's just being ridiculous. It really is quite painful and i don't want to have to live with it forever! I went ot the doctors last summer about it and started a whole chain reaction which ended up with me having an operation for endometriosis. However, don't worry, cos I think that was all a wild goose chase.. the problem is definitely still there. The only advice a doctor has so far given me is that it is either a) a non-sexually transmitted infection (which can't be tested for because its just your body's own bacteria gone a bit awry). or b) endometriosis of the cervix/uterus walls (which they can't actually ever find out if you have because its so well hidden - they only find it after they do a hysterectomy which i certainly don't want!)... however, i'm going to keep pursuing it with different doctors/gynacologists. the above posts are right - if this many women are experiencing exactly he same thing then there must be a rational explanation for it!
please,please, if anyone else's doctor's give them any sensible answers do post back - i'm concerned about my future fertility ect.