Sexual Health Community
Painful Intercourse - no sex w/ my husband for over a year!

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Where do I begin? I have been married over 7 years and have noticed over the past year or so I have absolutely no desire for sex anymore. A big part of the problem is that every time we had sex, it felt like daggers in my vagina. It was so painful I had to tell my husband to stop - sometimes 5 minutes into it. I'd grit my teeth and try to think of relaxing thoughts and take deep breaths, but it just wouldn't work. Then, when we'd stop and I'd go clean up, the burning was so intense and would last 5-10 minutes. So there's no doubt that'd kill my drive in no time. But I just don't want to even be touched anymore. So it's been over a year since we've had any intercourse. I barely stood giving him a ******* but only did that because I loved him. My gyno has changed my birth control about 3 times and even checked my hormone levels. She says for someone on B/C, my estrogen/progesterone/testosterone levels are very good. I'm 32 and I know this can't be early pre-menopause. But it's beyond frustrating.
I've seen shows of women who have had years of very painful intercourse and it turned out to be actual syndromes - one began with a "V" or a "D"? I can't remember the name of it but basically the muscles of the vaginal wall would not stop contracting. I mentioned it to my gyno but after my pap-smear and exam, she says everything is normal.
Has any other woman my age ever been through this?

Has anyone other women my age gone through this?
It seems that there is less awareness of vulvodynia even among medical profession. The word is vulvodynia. you may research on this word. Google the word vulvodynia.
Hi Ag, I have found some info that may help but the drugs are antidepresents.
The following advice may help to relieve symptoms and prevent recurrent episodes:
•Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting trousers or skirts
•Avoid scented toilet paper, bubble bath, feminine hygiene products and perfumed creams or soaps
•Avoid or limit exercise that puts direct pressure on the vulva, such as cycling, or anything that causes friction in the vulval area
•Don't sit for prolonged periods, or use a rubber ring to relieve pressure
•There is no evidence to suggest that dietary changes such as low oxalate diets or anti-candidal diets help in vulvodynia.
But if I was you try looking for some kind of herbal remedy, I think your find would be the best way.
Good Luck
Hi Ag, google herbs that may help Vulvodynia, you just may find some intresting things to read, and you could also try earthclinic and see what you can find.
Good Luck
It is good of you to trace the solution of problems forum friend present.