Penis Odor, Possibly Hormonal?
My boyfriend is uncircumsized. About three months after we started having sex (a year and a half ago), I noticed a very bad odor coming from the head of his penis. It smells very acrid and burns my throat and nose when I smell it closely. At first, the smell would go away after washing, but after a few months, no amount of washing with soap and water could make the smell go away. He has gone to several doctors for this problem and has had STI tests (all negative - I have been tested for STIs as well and the resilts were also negative). He has been prescribed different types of antibiotics (they had no effect). Finally, a urologist told him the smell is due to poor hygiene, and told him to clean his penis with baby wipes. This has not worked either! Frustrated, we saught help from a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine who dignosed the problem as a result of a hormonal imbalance. He prescribed an herbal decoction, but it did not clear up the smell. Could a hormonal imbalance cause penis odor such as this? We have tried everything else!
He should go to a new urologist and see if the new guy gets any further than the last guy did.  It is possible that there is something viral or bacterial going on that is not tested for when one tests for STIs.
The third doctor he saw did test for bacteria. The lab results indicated the presence of anaerobic bacteria, so the doctor prescribed two different types of antibiotics, which did not clear up the smell. The doctor then referred him to the urologist who prescribed the baby wipes. I don't understand why both doctors dismissed the possibly of a bacterial infection; the majority of experiences we have had with doctors has been very unhelpful and dismissive.
Hi Cak, your still here then, go get him some bloods done and get them to check out his hormones.
Good Luck