Penis skin irritation from handwash
I am a healthy 22 year old male, uncircumcised
2 months ago I had unprotected sex, paranoid of catching an STI I returned to the hotel and over washed using a lot of soap and what stupidly I have now realised was actually hand wash. The next day the skin on my glands/head was very wrinkly and dry. I applied some moisturizer that day and the skin was no longer wrinkly just a little red. I have had all the STI checks and there is no infection. Over the previous weeks I have not had much irritation, however when masturbating red patches appear and for some reason now seems worse than it has over the last couple of months, some days the skin is fine other days it reappears with a slight burning sensation. The rash is not deep red or purple just red, is this permanent? Will E45 cream help? When seeing my GUM clinic doctor I was unaware it was hand wash, so explained that I think I have dried out the skin from over use of soap. She said it looks ok just a little dry (however there was no rash that day) and just apply E45 for the next two weeks, however now I know it is hand wash should I return or visit my GP?
This is really stressing me out and affecting my work as I am worried I have permanently damaged the skin on my penis,  Please help me out with this....
Also is anyone aware if the information you give GUM clinic doctors on sexual partners ect is passed onto your GP?
I have spoken to a doctor online, apparently hand wash does not cause chemical burn, the irritation is from excessive dry skin as a result of the hand wash, permanent damage is not likely and should repiar it self with application of E45 cream...........Very much hope this is true, I am aware that I am stressed so therefore looking for problems with the skin, however there is a clear rash on occasion and slight tingling/burn. I will apply the E45 for two weeks with gentle wash, if no improvement I will go to see my GP, any advice or discussion would be appreciated, Thank you
Hi Jay, So why come back, you dont need help anymore, you have now answered your own question.